Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...

Saturday afternoon...

nothing special to do..

grabbed a bottle of johnny walker black...

looked at my newly transformed 3790LMT => 3490LMT

went to my garage, brought out some tools, soldering iron and headphone jack..

THEN IT HAPPENED!!!

(so this is how it looked like opened..)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

(how about putting a micro slide on-off switch as well..)

2.    Advertissements

(everything wire-tapped, soldered, and shrink wrapped...)

(the jack and the micro switch...)

(perfect fit! not protruding parts...)

(closed and ready to go!...)

so, what is the purpose of this, you may ask..
    well, I dont have a clue hahaha!
    I just suddenly had the urge to put in a headphone jack on the 34xx.

the funny part is, since i tapped on the speaker wire, it is only producing mono.
    which is not really a good idea for listening to music but for watching movies, well
    it seems pretty decent.

and what is the slide on-off switch for???
    well, since I tapped on the speaker wire, I wanted to turn the internal speaker off
    just use the headphone jack to watch movies.

the moral of this thread???

DONT DRINK JOHNNY WALKER AND LOOK AT YOUR GARMIN!

GPSPower Helper Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...
    Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...

Have you had a look inside the powered Mount if you can find stereo L R connector in there.
    The reason I ask is that there is a 3760 for BMW that connects to the Car using a special powered Mount and plays both speakers through the radio.
    That might be the only way to get Stereo out of the nuvi by somehow simulating the BMW powered Mount Kit.
    Now that leaves us wondering of what is that USB to Audio Connector For .
    Also can you please explain how you opened the nuvi.
    If you buy some more Johny Walker please post pictures.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...
    Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...

@dasilvarsa (got it right this time, sorry!)
    Same way you open a woman's heart ...[tick, tick, tick... give up?]..... with a credit card. See this Post #129: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Interesting thought about the powered mount though. Like me, are you slightly p**sed off that Canadians can afford Johnny BLACK?
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Navigation software expert Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...
    Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...

3760 for BMW have data for this function in region 141 or in 142 i cant remember correctly,but i still have somewere on HDD backup region of nuvi 3760BMW

Quote Originally Posted by dasilvarsa View Post
    Have you had a look inside the powered Mount if you can find stereo L R connector in there.
    The reason I ask is that there is a 3760 for BMW that connects to the Car using a special powered Mount and plays both speakers through the radio.
    That might be the only way to get Stereo out of the nuvi by somehow simulating the BMW powered Mount Kit.
    Now that leaves us wondering of what is that USB to Audio Connector For .
    Also can you please explain how you opened the nuvi.
    If you buy some more Johny Walker please post pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @dasilvarsa (got it right this time, sorry!)
    Same way you open a woman's heart ...[tick, tick, tick... give up?]..... with a credit card. See this Post #129: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Interesting thought about the powered mount though. Like me, are you slightly p**sed off that Canadians can afford Johnny BLACK?
    Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    3760 for BMW have data for this function in region 141 or in 142 i cant remember correctly,but i still have somewere on HDD backup region of nuvi 3760BMW

Guys,

thanks for the info. if it is indeed possible to mod something in the firmware so that the 34xx can output
    stereo signal thru the connectors, then i am seriously interested.

@dasilvarsa, this is how i opened the 34xx..[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

@Neil, ofcourse Aussies can also afford the JW Black hahaha!

@ loly, can you please teach me how to update region 141/142 so i can have the stereo signal thru
    the connector port? also please send me the link to the necessary files. oh, and im gonna be needing the
    connector port pin-outs as well if you have any. Thank you in advance Loly!

Thanks guys.

PS: My brother has a Nuvi 855 and its still on the 2010 maps and he doesnt want to buy the upgrade card for the maps.
    anyway I can help him update to the latest maps (thru the generosity of you, my friends.. )

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...
    Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...

Quote Originally Posted by padon View Post
    @dasilvarsa, this is how i opened the 34xx..[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I had one of those plastic case tools which i broke the tip off trying to get the bezel off a 1450 (tool had a lot of use before that though). Binned the tool and used a credit card instead and found it was just as quick or even quicker than the tool so have never replaced it. With my 3790 i started at the top in the middle where it was easier to get the corner of the card in. You then slide it along levering carefully while pushing more of the edge of the card in as you go. Actually seems a gentler method than the tool because you're spreading the pressure and I can get mine apart that way as quick as the guy in the video, and i notice he started at the bottom of the unit near a corner. Just don't use a current card 'coz it's easy to damage it, i'm on my second expired card already.... and better the card cr@cks before the case back does.

...... PS: My brother has a Nuvi 855 and its still on the 2010 maps and he doesnt want to buy the upgrade card for the maps.
    anyway I can help him update to the latest maps (thru the generosity of you, my friends.. )
    Go here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. However 2013.30 for NA is due any moment, you might like to wait a day or so.

PS: Only posers seem to drink Johnny Black in Oz, obviously must be different in CA, hey? It still outsells Canadian Club, NOBODY drinks that here. (Sorry for OT... again).
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Master

For opening nuvis, especially 37xx and 34xx series, better guys use a guitar feather! No need to break your credit card or buy special plastic tools. A guitar feather cost a few cents and leaves no traces of opening.

'Guitar feather'?? .... do you mean a plectrum (guitar flat-pick)? You must be older than i thought, back in the "good ol' days" a feather was used as a pick. In the US an eagle feather was the preferred choice, that's probably why their eagles are bald.

Anyway, a guitar pick would be a great substitute for a case tool, for sure. BTW, an expired credit card doesn't leave any marks either and costs zilch.

Navigation software expert Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...
    Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...Have I gone crazy?? Look what I did to my 37xx=>34xx...

@padon

We try to flash on another nuvi reg 141 and 142 but with no luck,belive me we try all
    Work only in nuvi 3760 and dont work on 34xx.