Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Member +

Default Garmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updater

this unit has 2013.20 North america map on . When hooked up with usb cable mapupdater shows me new map available. Than it downloads the new map, but give me this error on the screen. Installation does not complete for some reason.

This unit was formatted and previously as it had garmin logo stuck on it. I put one map that I downloaded from website. I did not have the original backup. Please look at the picture. is there anythign I can do to get the update from garmin?

Unable to update the map with Garmin life map updater or garminmapupdater. It stops at step 3.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

Important User Garmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updater FireFox58's Avatar

It seems to be a problem related to a missing, or incomplete, GarminDevice.xml.
    Try to open it with a text editor, or with the browser itself.
    If you can open it (you find it in the folder \Garmin) you should find the following types of sections

- <DataType>
    <Name>BaseMaps</Name>
    - <File>
    - <Specification>
    <Identifier>IMG</Identifier>
    </Specification>
    - <Location>
    <Path>.System</Path>
    <BaseName>gmapbmap</BaseName>
    <FileExtension>img</FileExtension>
    </Location>
    <TransferDirection>InputOutput</TransferDirection>
    </File>
    </DataType>
    - <DataType>
    <Name>PreProgrammedMaps</Name>
    - <File>
    - <Specification>
    </Specification>
    - <Location>
    <Path>.System</Path>
    <BaseName>gmapprom</BaseName>
    </Location>
    </File>
    </DataType>
    - <DataType>
    <Name>SupplementalMaps</Name>
    - <File>
    - <Specification>
    </Specification>
    - <Location>
    <Path>Map</Path>
    <BaseName>gmapsupp</BaseName>
    </Location>
    </File>
    </DataType>

Member +

yes I can open the XML file with note pad. so what do I edit in that xml file?

Important User Garmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updater
    Garmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updater

@inchica2009
    I put your post unapproved and it's hidden to forum member coz it contains your device id. This is not safe for your LT account.
    With device.xml everybody could download your LT map and your LT could be invalidate by Garmin, dont share it on public forums.
    What happened before you got this problem?
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Senior Member Strephon Alkhalikoi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inchica2009 View Post
    Is there anythign I can do to get the update from garmin?
    Download the map to your computer only and not to the Garmin. Unlock the map in BaseCamp or MapSource using the code that Garmin gives you, which should be accessible through MyGarmin. Then use MapInstall to transfer the maps to the GPS.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    --Douglas Adams

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Garmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updater
    Garmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updaterGarmin Nuvi 1350LMT cannot get Lifetime map update error with Garmin Map updater

@inchica2009
    I suspect your problem may be to do with the fact that you have an 'unofficial' unlocked map on your unit. Is it named as 'gmapprom.img' in hidden .system folder? That's where mapupdater is trying to install the LM update, and it's probably not liking what it's reading there. Do as Strephon Alkhalikoi says, but if you still get an aborted install remove the present map from the unit entirely, along with any old .gma or .unl codes present in .system and try again. I'm more than a bit curious, why you would dl and put an unofficial map on your 1350LMT anyway, when you already have a lifetime map subscription?
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].