Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    GPSPower Helper SD Authentication
    SD Authentication

That is a standard non-tts non-VCT (does not speak street names) from a nuvi 1300 it is Catalonian from Andorra.
    Unfortunately I don't have any Spanish non-tts non-VCT voices.
    I checked on My Dashboard and there is nothing there either.

Maybe you can try to search for some Spanish Forums
    Last edited by dasilvarsa; 16th October 2012 at 07:53 PM.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. SD Authentication
    SD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD Authentication

The voice from Loly is the 'new TTS large file' Espanol_European_Isabel.vpn from 1xxx/2xxx/3xxx series nuvi, the same format as the 2 American Spanish voices Javier & Paulina TTS which I linked for you in Post #21, Diego. Your unit obviously cannot use the newer TTS files.

The other voice I attached in Post #23 (Ana) is from a US nuvi 40, and it's the 'new type' VCT non-TTS the same as US Michelle and AU Matilda which work in both older and newer Nuvis. WknThDg reported they work in 2xxW in this post: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], so I thought Ana might be compatible. Works fine in 40:

Obviously the older non-TTS voices do work, the ones around 1MB in size. That's the type you attached in Post #35, they're pretty much universal and work in everything else, older and newer garmin models and also GMPC/GMXT, as well as in your unit. The newer non-TTS VCT, which are about 2MB or more, and the newer TTS which are very large ~14-17MB, obviously do not work in it. So what you need is an 'older type' Spanish American non-TTS around 1MB and if such a voice exists it will work for sure.

The only other type that hasn't been tried is the 'old' TTS, so try these, but remove the 'new' TTS versions of Paulina & Javier first: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. I really don't think they will work, because i'm starting to suspect that your satnav is based more on GarminMobilePC/XT-type software running on a PDA-type unit, rather than standalone hardware based on nuvi-type hardware and firmware. Apologies to the boffins (caty, loly, giomen etc.) for using non technical descriptors (*-type), but I really don't know what we're dealing with here à la hw & sw.
    Last edited by Neil; 17th October 2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: clarity.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Navigation software expert SD Authentication
    SD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD Authentication

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    xml file is inside unit in internal storage.
    Comes bundled with the device a hundred meter length instead garmindevice.xml on SD?
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

SD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD AuthenticationSD Authentication

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    xml file is inside unit in internal storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    Comes bundled with the device a hundred meter length instead garmindevice.xml on SD?
    Which is one of the reasons i think his unit is more like a PDA running Garmin Mobile software. How do the Kenwood units work Loly?
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by diegoand View Post
    Hello lolypop000. The manual doesn't specify which model it is, I did go into the information menus of the unit and these are all the apparent versions I could find:

Software Version: 4.10
    The easy way for checking voice to compatibility it is "Audio 2.30 (Spanish)". Voice may be visible in list but if "Audio (no version showed)" it is means what voice is not compatible.
    Last edited by Giomen; 17th October 2012 at 02:59 AM.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Important User SD Authentication

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Which is one of the reasons i think his unit is more like a PDA running Garmin Mobile software.
    That's why I told him to unlock it with sw.unl
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

I know , you're usually streets ahead of me Caty.

On kenwood is garmindevice.xml in internal storage but in xml is only HWID and SW version nothing else.
    But on kenwood is all file in internal storage,on SD is only CN and SD is not locked to unit,you can use any SD

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The voice from Loly is the 'new TTS large file' Espanol_European_Isabel.vpn from 1xxx/2xxx/3xxx series nuvi, the same format as the 2 American Spanish voices Javier & Paulina TTS which I linked for you in Post #21, Diego. Your unit obviously cannot use the newer TTS files.

The other voice I attached in Post #23 (Ana) is from a US nuvi 40, and it's the 'new type' VCT non-TTS the same as US Michelle and AU Matilda which work in both older and newer Nuvis. WknThDg reported they work in 2xxW in this post: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], so I thought Ana might be compatible. Works fine in 40:
    Hello Neil. I removed all but the original voices and then copied these new ones into the SD Card. They both showed up correctly in the systema and I was able to select them with no problem, but they didn't work; none of them "spoke" :/

Do you know if there's any non-TSS version for Javier & Paulina's voices? And if so, would you know where I can get them from?

Thank you, very much :D

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    That's why I told him to unlock it with sw.unl
    Hello Catymag. The sw.unl didn't work I tried crating the file using the SD Card's ID, the unit ID, saving the file in the garmin folder, root folder and both. None of those approaches worked :-/

I noticed that the tool which generates the unlock codes gives different codes everytime you click on the "Generate" button (Without me changing the ID nor everything). Is this normal? Shouldn't he unlock code be the same when using the same ID to create it?

Thank you!

Yes, that's normal. Many 'apparently random' unl codes will work for the same SID but are still specific to it.

There are no non-TTS versions of those voices available, and at present i know of no way to convert them directly from one type to another. The file types are completely different. The only way that i know to get a non-TTS voice file using the Paulina or Javier voice would be to labouriously manually record each phrase and edit them (e.g., record as a wav, 'Turn right on Elm Street' and then edit it to 'Turn right' and so on) until you had all the myriad required phrases to then combine them into a vpn file using Turboccc's non-TTSVoiceEditor for instance. You'd need a lot of time on your hands and be very dedicated. Even i wouldn't do it and i'm more than slightly obsessive/compulsive (self-diagnosed). Be fun to try though.
    Last edited by Neil; 18th October 2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: I hate doing short replies. Just had to expand it....