Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member + Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?

have a 3790T loaded with CNNA 2013.20 plus a brazilian map "Autoguia 311".

Only the brazilan map is selected (it is on a SD card) and the Voice Command works fine for basic commands that I tested, like phone calls.
    ============
    Carlos Magalhaes
    Garmin nüvi 3790T

2.    Advertissements

Hi dasilvarsa

I have tried that now but also with no luck.

GPSPower Helper Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?

Connect your device with Webupdater program, proceed to check for additional updates and check if you have the following:
    Spoiler: screenshots
    ausx

So, you will need "Speech Recognition Data, English-Australian ASR" file (***.SRD) and the Australian TTS vioces installed through webupdater.
    Then you will need the appropriate (suitable) ***.ASR and ***.SRX files for the map you are using.
    You must select one of the two Australian TTS voices on your device.
    Last edited by x-trail; 10th October 2012 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks X-trail. That was listed in the first post but does not work. In webupdater there is only additional voices and vehicles. I am already using an Australian voice.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?
    Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?

AU 23xx has Australian Text file:

Spoiler: screenshots
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'll try to get hold of a 24xx to check, but i'm fairly sure it's also present there.

So, to recap, you have done this:
    1. Hard reset/clear NV and then selected locale as AU, and then
    2. Connected to Webupdater but was not offered 'Speech Recognition Data, English-Australian ASR' (if that's what your above reply means?)
    3. Set Voice to Australian TTS
    4. Set Keyboard to 'British English'
    5. Set Text to 'Australian English' (or 'British English').

If that's all correct, the short answer is you need the SRD file English-Australian ASR as pointed out by x-trail. If you used WebUpdater before hard reset or clear NV & setting locate to AU, try it again. I have 'English_Australian.srd' from a 3790 but it is different to that used by 2495 which is named en_AU.srd. Look in .system/ASR folder to see if you have it there.
    Last edited by Neil; 11th October 2012 at 02:20 AM.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Thanks again Neil.THe steps you have described above are what I have tried. In my ASR folder there is a file en_au but there is not option in the settings for australian txt.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?
    Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?Voice Command support is not available for American English" Problem ?

So you have en_AU.srd in your ASR folder, what files (other than any other *srd ones) do you have there? Also which version of 2013.20 map do you have loaded, Sensis or Navteq?

If it is present in the AU units, i will try to get you a 24x5 AU text file in the next few days when i get hold of a unit unless someone else has one now to post, however afaik the British text should work just as well.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

I download ASR file from here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , but voice command not work. I copied the ASR folder with 2 files in .System. What to try?

Quote Originally Posted by rookie1 View Post
    Thanks X-trail. That was listed in the first post but does not work. In webupdater there is only additional voices and vehicles. I am already using an Australian voice.
    @Rookie1
    Not sure which device you have but my probs with voice recog were only fixed when some kind person uploaded correct ASR2 files for my device, one that also matched my map.
    My experience is with 3790 and then it is converted to 3490.
    Firstly ASR files must match the map and the device for voice recognition to work fully. Navteq map on 3490 did not have full voice recognition until someone uploaded the correct .SRD files. If you have genuine map install update then SRD/SRX files can be downloaded via web updater.
    With a "free" map the SRD/SRX are simply not available via webupdater.
    I think for you to get it to work fully you need someone with "same device/same map" and "working voice recog" to allow you access to there srd/srx files.

Quote Originally Posted by bravosx1616 View Post
    I download ASR file from here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , but voice command not work. I copied the ASR folder with 2 files in .System. What to try?
    Try letting know what device you have. As previous post, must match both Device and Map to correct ASR file. Eg 3790 Sensis map ASR files dont provide voice recog on a 3490 loaded with Navtech maps.