Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Buying a new Garmin in the USA

As a newbie could I please have some advice thanks. I presently have an old Garmin Nuvi 270, which I hardly ever get access to be cause my son has it most of the time.
    My wife and I are travelling to the Florida from the UK in September and I'm thinking of buying a new Garmin gps there. What would be a reasonably good model to buy? I'd like one with enough memory to install a european map on when I get back.
    And if you know where I could get a good deal, all the better. Thanks.
    Exiled in God's country, the land of Whisky

2.    Advertissements

Important User Buying a new Garmin in the USA
    Buying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USA

Do you want to build your routes in Mapsource and then send them to Nuvi or you dont need this feature ?
    Coz newest models cant do it, can just send Trips that's not the same and ,most of all, dont work properly.
    Which features are important to you?
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Master

Unfortunately, I can't find on the garmin page an atlantic nuvi, a nuvi with preinstalled maps of Europe and USA.

Important User Buying a new Garmin in the USA
    Buying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't find on the garmin page an atlantic nuvi, a nuvi with preinstalled maps of Europe and USA.
    Perhaps is not a big problem here at Noeman's to install additional maps
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Master

You are absolutely right Caty. Piracy, is at its peak. Not only in garmin of course. Seems this is how the industry work...But keep in mind that if you want to create a big garmin forum I think there should be a place for everyone - a place for those who want to enter in the piracy world and for those who don't want. This is how I view it of course.

If I am going to buy a new nuvi now I would look at the nuvis which include Lifetime subscription. Not because I can't download the lateset maps from whetever place I want but because I don't want to read a whole day (s) in forums, torrents, sites etc. I am so board with this things. I just want to start the Lifetime Updater Application on my PC and after a couple of hours my nuvi to have the latests maps. Simple and easy, no time loose.

For example nuvi 2455LMT or 2495LMT.
    Last edited by ddabcd277; 19th August 2012 at 08:45 PM.

Navigation software expert Buying a new Garmin in the USA
    Buying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post

For example nuvi 2455LMT or 2495LMT.
    Or
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    You will need to try change locale on Garmin site for browsing all models for all market!
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Thanks for the responses, Garmin units seem cheaper in the US so I'' have a look around for one. I have managed after following instructions here to get a European map onto an SD, and it worked. I must read the instruction given properly in future might save me some time.

Great bunch of contributors on here
    Exiled in God's country, the land of Whisky

GPSPower Helper Buying a new Garmin in the USA
    Buying a new Garmin in the USA

Quote ddabcd277:You are absolutely right Caty. Piracy, is at its peak. Not only in garmin of course.:unquote

Actually everytime you buy a New Nuvi, a percentage of the price is to pay for the preloaded map.
    This is a very clever way of ensuring that every nuvi is at least "Semi Legal" and this money pays for the continued development of the Maps.
    The fact that you can upgrade for free from sites such as this is actually a marketing tool, A lot of people will not buy a product that they cannot upgrade and Mod.
    If The Manufacturer really wanted to they could put a stop to it, like Tom Tom did.(With Certain Models Firmwares)
    If they did the Sales Would Probably Drop, so it's really a catch 22 situation.
    The other day I was in a converstion with some decision makers regarding the purchase of Printers.
    One of the Decision Makers stated that they would not buy a cerain brand of printer because there are no compatible aftermarket Inks available for that Specific Brand of Printer.

aekhong

@ddabcd277
    Agree with you. I love Nuvi with lifetime map now.
    (Thailand is the last country in Asian that sell lifetime map with nuvi.

Navigation software expert Buying a new Garmin in the USA
    Buying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USABuying a new Garmin in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by aekhong View Post
    @ddabcd277
    Agree with you. I love Nuvi with lifetime map now.
    (Thailand is the last country in Asian that sell lifetime map with nuvi.
    Somebody did not think about the next:
    I have a few device with lifetime. There is gma code in log of mapupdater before loading. How get gma file from this code? This gma files write on Nuvi after successful download but I am do not want reload all packet of files for each uniform device.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?