Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

conecting the nuvi to the puter it shows as K: garmin not as nuvi....i did enable hidden sistem file view....so, in K:garmin> .System>Diag i only have:
    1 folder called Shutdowns and 3 other files: 3811913750csv ; FT.bi ; and sys_log1.bin..nowhere is a fole called features.html...

2.    Advertissements

I download nuvi34xx_GCDFile__710.gcd and use RGN_Tool. I click save boot.bin. I rename boot.bin to Ldr.bin. I replace it in X:\Garmin\Updater\1258\
    Now I copy Garmin folder to root SD card. Insert to nuvi 3450 and it's not working. It go straight to where i need to click "Agree"

Got it.. I need to rename the folder 1258 to 1376
    Last edited by cat2115; 31st August 2012 at 03:10 AM.
    ===========================================
    Nuvi 3450, SW v7.60
    City Navigator North America NT 2013.20 & CityXplorer North America 2013.10
    Enabled all features except Bluetooth & Voice Command

Navigation software expert 2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application
    2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application

Try to create folder html.

In folder .System\Diag create new folder and rename it to html,then turn off and on nuvi and look in folder if you have inside supported_features.html

Default Please where is the garmin updater folder??????

Quote Originally Posted by cat2115 View Post
    OLD PROCEDURE: I want to confirm for those who had 3450. If you just had your 3450 and just taken out from the box, this is what you need to do to enable Post#1 feature. DO NOT update to the latest firmware before doing this. Delete BlueTooth.xml, rename ASR enable to ASR.disabled. Now copy & Paste all xml to X:\Garmin\, unplug nuvi from PC then power on. When power on, you will not see VideoPlayBack icon, it's okay. Plug nuvi 3450 back to PC and do a WebUpdater. It will updated to the latest. Once done, unplug from PC and power on nuvi 3450. Let Nuvi 3450 do it updating. The process seem long and you might think u get stuck on Garmin logo but you're not. So don't touch anything until you see "Agree". Then u can click on it. Now you can see all the enable feature on your nuvi 3450.

NEW AND EASY PROCEDURE: For this example, I will use nuvi 3450
    What you'll need:
    SD Card, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and "2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application" from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (somewhere in the middle of post #1). Once you get all those, following below:

1) Open RGN_Tool --> drag nuvi34xx_GCDFile__710.gcd to RGN_Tool
    2) See picture: Save boot.bin and write down HWID #
    2j272ja

3) Once you save boot.bin, Rename it to Ldr.bin
    4) After you extract Garmin Updater folder, you will see "3xxx series enable features application" folder, "For backup region 140.rar", "For write back reg 140.rar", and "READ ME.txt"
    5) Extract "For backup region 140.rar". You will see x:/Garmin/Updater/1258/ ===> rename 1258 folder to your HWID# from Step #2. In this case it's 1376
    6) Now copy and paste your Ldr.bin to inside 1376 folder and YES to Replace/Overwrite
    7) Copy the folder "Garmin" to your root SD Card. Example: X:/Garmin
    8) Make sure your nuvi is power off, not in standby mode. Insert SD Card to your nuvi and power on. It will backup the file then it will power off itself.
    9) Remove the SD Card, insert to PC and you will see reg_140.bin
    10) Open Mod 3xxx.exe and browser to reg_140.bin (see picture)
    ih3wqr

11) Save
    12) Extract "For write back region 140.rar". You will see x:/Garmin/Updater/1258/ ===> rename 1258 folder to your HWID# from Step #2. In this case it's 1376
    13) Now copy and paste your Ldr.bin to inside 1376 folder and YES to Replace/Overwrite (Use the same Ldr.bin from Step #6)
    14) Make sure you delete all files in SD Card then copy the folder "Garmin" to your root SD Card. Example: X:/Garmin
    15) Now copy your newly saved reg_140.bin to root SD card.
    X:/reg_140.bin (file)
    X:/Garmin (folder)
    16) Make sure your nuvi is power off, not in standby mode. Insert SD Card to your nuvi and power on. It will write back the file then it will power off itself.
    17) Now you had enabled extra features.

Special thanks to Catymag, lolypop000, roger1109, aekhong for all the hard woks. Sorry if I miss anyone.
    @ALL

I'm really getting FRUSTRATED! You keep on talking about "Garmin Updater Folder", (Instruction NO 4). Whenever i download 'Updater.rar' as per the link provided, i end up getting only one file inside called 'updater' and i can't seem to open it! For GOD's sake, where can i DOWNLOAD the folder????

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    Try to create folder html.

In folder .System\Diag create new folder and rename it to html,then turn off and on nuvi and look in folder if you have inside supported_features.html

Sir, PLEASE where can i find and download the Garmin Updater Folder that i'm going to use for transforming my 3790 to 34xx. The updater.rar file i've downloaded as per the link provided only contains 1 file (updater) and can not be run. Kindly help me as this is the only stumbling block i'm facing.

Important User 2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application
    2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application

To transform 37xx to 34xx read with care:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Before doing anything try o understand exactly what are you gong to do or you'll brick your Nuvi.

this thread is about adding features only
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Kanopus

Quote Originally Posted by gomnati View Post
    @ALL

I'm really getting FRUSTRATED! You keep on talking about "Garmin Updater Folder", (Instruction NO 4). Whenever i download 'Updater.rar' as per the link provided, i end up getting only one file inside called 'updater' and i can't seem to open it! For GOD's sake, where can i DOWNLOAD the folder????
    Unpack updater anywhere. The place where you save it will become "Garmin Updater Folder"

Well, I see your problem, "updater" from first post of other thread is not the same as mentioned in your quote. Probably you need files from this post, click this:
    Actually you already got this link and quoted in your question, didn't you?
    Last edited by Kanopus; 1st September 2012 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanopus View Post
    Unpack updater anywhere. The place where you save it will become "Garmin Updater Folder"

Well, I see your problem, "updater" from first post of other thread is not the same as mentioned in your quote. Probably you need files from this post, click this:
    Actually you already got this link and quoted in your question, didn't you?
    Thanks but it still has not solved my problem. where is the UPDATER i need to unpack???????

Hi there sir. I see you are online and as such, i think you can help me out here. PLEASE, (1) Be patient with me, (2) If you could just take time and assist, i'm a pretty fast learner. I have a 3790 and my question is: Is it possible to enable 3490 features on a 3790 or i just have to transform the 3790 to a 3490. If its possible to enable features, which is the latest and easiest way to go about it? If i can only transform it, which is the easiest method. Waiting, please.

Navigation software expert 2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application
    2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application2xxx and 3xxx series enable features application

If you try to enable future in 3790then download and unpack rar:

Spoiler: link

Tutorial and all that you need is inside.

Kanopus

Quote Originally Posted by gomnati View Post
    Is it possible to enable 3490 features on a 3790
    Your 37xx has already all features enabled, as far as I know, there is nothing missing.
    Nuvi 34xx is different model, which has similar features like 37xx plus some extra. If you convert your 3790 into 3490, then you can enable or disable its features, depending on what you need.