Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member + City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)

Thanks Neil, you're right just checked & I mistakenly obtained the 2627 FID from a 2013.10 Sensis img thinking it was the Navteq and they were the same so the intention had been to differentiate them.

Carty & yourself may be well be right with dual CN's eventually clashing, I know it's not recommended but have never had a problem with the Topo/CN combo but that said it's not something I would leave long term anyway if nothing else purely for the sake of multiple layers slowing the unit down.

The primary interest is not navigation it is - for short periods - the ability to "stack" the maps to pool all the POI's together for far deeper and more effective searches which I find very useful at times. The POI's have always been quite different between Topo & CN, but now also between the differing CN's. To me the benefits of this far outweigh the risk of a minor blip at the time, maybe not everyones cup of tea but I'm sure there are others who would also find this a useful technique. It's one of those little things in life you don't really appreciate until you try it.

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)
    City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)

@Bushwalker8
    Yes, i understand what you're wanting to achieve here and why. I saw an old 1390 recently that still had it's preloaded Sensis 2010.10 (FID 2006) still running and happily co-habitating on the internal memory with Navteq 2013.20 and it had somehow survived a run from Brizzie to Perth & back. On balance that shouldn't happen, but then again there could be problems with the 2 maps both selected on a very short route to the corner store. If you run one of the CNs from the sd, you can at least easily pop it out if the nuvi has an unexpected hissy-fit in a very inconvenient location. The cn/topo combo is even much less likely to be a problem but best not to use a routable topo with (or even without) a cn in an unfamiliar built-up area 'coz topos can give unreliable route navigation in cities but then that's not their real purpose, as you know. Have fun experimenting
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

syzygy

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwalker8 View Post
    The primary interest is not navigation it is - for short periods - the ability to "stack" the maps to pool all the POI's together for far deeper and more effective searches which I find very useful at times. The POI's have always been quite different between Topo & CN, but now also between the differing CN's. To me the benefits of this far outweigh the risk of a minor blip at the time, maybe not everyones cup of tea but I'm sure there are others who would also find this a useful technique. It's one of those little things in life you don't really appreciate until you try it.
    Yes, loading multiple maps of the same area will have their POIs combined, even when some maps are unchecked in the Tools setting. This trick is used by some people in China.

What happened is: they bought or brought back a foreign (outside of China) Garmin GPS device which can display maps in Simplified Chinese, but has no way to input Chinese for searching. Without searching capability, the device is close to useless. To enable searching, they actually install two CN China maps, one in Simplified Chinese and one in English. The latter is unchecked all the time. Now, to search a POI they simply enter its English name in PinYin and the POI found will be displayed on the Simplified Chinese map, ready for navigation.

There seems to be no problems reported so far with two such CN China maps installed.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)
    City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)

Anyone got the JCV file from a nuvi 40/50 for either Sensis or Navteq 2013.20? Both would be great!
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

superbadz

How do I install this to my etrex 20. Please help

@superbadz
    Have a look at the tuts index: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Start with this one: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and post again here if you have any specific problems relating to getting this CNNT AUNZ map up and running. Chances are you won't have if you read the tutorials though.

I am 70 y. young and in now in Garmin trouble, please help me ...to "help myself".

Here's what I did:

1) Uninstalled all previous GARMIN installations and deleted all Garmin from Registry.
    2) Unlocked all folders incl. GMAPPROM, GMAP3D,JCV, G2S, ASR.
    3) MAPSOURCE Setup error: lacking previous install...
    4) Installed MSmain of it; then Mapsource intall OK
    5) Transferred all folders to "GARMIN" in ProgramFiles
    6) Connected my Garmin nuvi5000 to USB (OK)
    7) Opened Mapsource, yet no Product or .gdb file
    8) Copied all folders to hidden "Application Data" (in the hope it helps to show up in Mapsource...)
    Bad Luck!!!

Big Q: How to get it showing up in Mapsource
    or how to get it into the GPS ??

Saludos de St'go de Chile
    Hello, from "junior" pensioner (67) from Chile; a whistler-musician; see & hear me blowing up here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Important User City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)

.img is not a Mapsource installation and addition files are just for some compatible devices
    better you read this
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by ozboss View Post
    Download Instructions:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]status DG4Ws2f2CYy3UezYoC9PTtqcDz6qMIRRcm3GtLqbdFc= or [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 188748513850082e88ab5fc

MapID: 2627
    password: ozboss18

inside
    unlocked gmap folder (MapSource)
    unlocked 3D file
    JCV, G2S, ASR

Hoster
    netload.in
    share-online.biz
    I've copied the gmap folder but the Mapsource don't recognize the maps

What I'm doing wrong?
    Last edited by MarianoDC; 9th September 2012 at 11:40 PM.

Important User City Navigator Australia & New Zealand NT 2013.20 (Sensis)

Where have you copied it ?
    it should be:
    (in XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\GARMIN\Maps) or
    (in Vista, Windows 7 - C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps)
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600