Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If you are getting an on-screen message saying something like "Indonesian Firmware is required ...etc." then you should be able to flash the Indonesian fw to your unit to view the Indonesian JCVs. Do this at your own risk of course.
    Do you know where to download Indonesian f/w? Thank you.

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w
    An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w

Quote Originally Posted by wangxiaohu View Post
    Do you know where to download Indonesian f/w? Thank you.
    I don't know if 205w was ever sold in Indonesia, so i should have added in my previous answer, 'provided that you can obtain the Indonesian fw', behind my comment: 'then you should be able to flash the Indonesian fw to your unit to view the Indonesian JCVs'. I've checked the Garmin Indonesia site, but i don't understand Indonesian:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    the Bing translation didn't help me much either:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Make your own inquiries with Garmin and/or their dealers locally there or search Noeman and other forums. Garmin seems to have a policy globally of removing older fw's from their sites so the fact that it's not available now doesn't mean that it never was, provided of course that the 205w was even marketed there. I've been able to obtain legacy fw for other device brands by contacting their support, but my experience with Garmin has been limited in that regard. Good luck.

PS: I see aekhong was unable to help you further with this problem in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Not a good sign imo unfortunately.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Is there any news about S4?

I've done everything I know to do but I cannot get JCV to work.....all other functions work......205W FW 2.70 SgMy.....

2013.30 US maps with 2013.30 JCV files...tried all 3 sizes......I'm stumped.. Any Ideas?

I've tried several guides but have not been able to install JCV, Highway Mode or Lane assist on the Garmin 295W yet.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w
    An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5wAn updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w

@harm31
    Garmin made a very bad choice calling that device 'Nuvi 295W'. I recall someone asking 'is a 295W like a 265W with ASR or something'. For a start, it's absolutely not a 2xx series, not even remotely. It's not even really a 'nuvi' in the traditional sense. As most would know, it's really a Garmin Nuvifone sans 'fone'. Such avoidable confusion, bad Garmin! Nothing posted in this thread is going to help you with modding your 'de-foned nuvifone' sorry.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Hello, i have an European Nüvi 255W, S2 board. If i change my actual 7.6 firm for the old 2.7 SING/MAL the junction points will be available with 2013.40 maps from Europe? And spanish text and voices too?

Thanks in advance

Member + An updated guide to enable JCV, Highway Mode, Lane assist & TTS on 2x5w alamel's Avatar

hi, just wondering if this upgrade is only for wide screen models or will it work on my regular nuvi 255?
    thanks
    IPhone 6 with Garmin StreetPilot North America , etrex legend hcx , nuvi 255 ,

Quote Originally Posted by Chuke01 View Post
    Hello, i have an European Nüvi 255W, S2 board. If i change my actual 7.6 firm for the old 2.7 SING/MAL the junction points will be available with 2013.40 maps from Europe? And spanish text and voices too? .......
    Read post #46 and check out the link there. Be prepared that maybe you'll be a bit disappointed with the overall results of EU>SG/MY though. Don't always expect everything to be perfect (incl. VCJ) with conversion of US/EU device to Asian fw. Read this entire thread first as well as the garniak link by catymag.

Quote Originally Posted by alamel View Post
    hi, just wondering if this upgrade is only for wide screen models or will it work on my regular nuvi 255?
    thanks
    Don't flash any 2x5W fw to a 2x5.

Thanks to your guide I have changed the firmware from EU to SG/SY. Actually have 3.10 SG/SY version in my 255W. JV, Lane assist and the rest o features seems to work well. I'm satisfy with the results. Only have a drawback, the EU firmware is more up to date, for example has fix the keyboard response.
    Last edited by Chuke01; 3rd March 2013 at 10:26 PM.