Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Combine two or more maps

Hello All,

I'm facing a problem:
    I have 2 big maps (Swiss, Italy) and I'm trying to combine south of Swiss with north of Italy.

I tried to use different gps/editor tools but it seems cant be done.

Any advices? Soft, tutorials and so on..

thanks

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Combine two or more maps
    Combine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more maps

What are you trying to combine? Using what tools? Too may variables to guess, so look here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and maybe here too will help you: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Post with more info if you can't find what you want.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

I'm using Garmin Topo maps for Mapsource.

Tools i tried to used:
    - gpsMapEditor
    - GmapTool
    - gpsmapper

Navigation software expert Combine two or more maps
    Combine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more maps

If you are using maps for for Mapsource why you need a another soft? Select and send maps to device in two click!!!
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Combine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more maps

Quote Originally Posted by display_name View Post
    I'm using Garmin Topo maps for Mapsource.

Tools i tried to used:
    - gpsMapEditor
    - GmapTool
    - gpsmapper
    As Giomen said, why would you use other software, you've got the answer yourself in your second post... use Mapsource.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Swiss and Italy submaps (which can be selected using appropriated tool in Mapsource) too large to be copied to my GPS: not enough memory. I want cut off unnecessary areas from all "submaps" and combine them into one.

Is it possible?

Yes, it's very possible. In fact selecting just the required parts of a map, and also combining parts of 2 different maps, are important functions of MS. Just use the 'Map Tool' to select (highlight) the tiles you want from the first map, and then open the second map and do the same. Here is Swiss Topo V2 on my MapSource with some southern tiles selected:

swisstopo

Then open the next map from the dropdown box and do the same with it. Check the total size is not greater than you have space for (you can see that my Swiss selection is 132.4 MB). Name the combined map something convenient if you want, or just accept the auto-name, and then send it to your unit.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

GPSPower Helper Combine two or more maps
    Combine two or more maps

Hi Neil,
    I think that he means that the 2 tiles he wants to combine is still too much megs.
    He wants to "shave", "chop" individual tiles.

Navigation software expert Combine two or more maps
    Combine two or more mapsCombine two or more mapsCombine two or more maps

1) Mapedit - open and delete some poligon, then cgpsmaper or other tools for IMG.
    2) Gmaptool - delete DEM section.
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Thanks dasilvarsa & Giomen
    I did misunderstand what he meant, thought he just didn't have enough room for both Swiss & Italy 'maps'.

@display_name
    You meant tiles by 'submaps' of course. Sorry, lol.