Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Master

Default Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently living here in Bangkok and recently found the Garmin ecoroute HD module at a local gadget shop. I decided to check with the sales person, but they didn't seem to have a clue as to what it did or if it supported my then Nuvi 3770T (a localized unit sold here in Thailand). So I decided to buy it anyway and try my luck in the Internet. Its a Garmin, and my Nuvi 3770T was only a year and a half old. Worth the risk, right? So I got home and after some searches at the Garmin website, it turns out that my Nuvi 3770T wasn't on the compatibility list. :rain:

Nevermind.... At least the compatibility list included some models from the 37xx series. Maybe it would work.

The ecoroute HD did a series of 3 quick flashes once plugged in to my car. My Nuvi showed no sign / menu to connect with the ecoroute HD.

So yesterday I went and bought the Nuvi 3790V here (the compatibility list included the 3790, but LMT and the T versions). I still got the same results from the 3790V, no menu. no dialog box. It does have ASR...

After further searches, it turns out that the US version of the 3790 are able to link to the ecoroute HD. So today after going through some of the tutorials here on this excellent forum, I was planning to flash the US version of 37xx firmware to my Nuvi. After some more reading, I decided to try the 34xx instead so I flashed the latest version of the 34xx on to my Asian firmware 3790V.

The 3790 (with 34xx firmware) starts up fine and everything seems to work ok. I am currently at work, so I didn't get the chance to try the ecoroute HD connection yet. The only thing missing seems to be the lack of a Thai keyboard.

The big problem is, when I wake/unlock the Nuvi (with 34xx firmware) from sleep mode, the display stays locked on "portrait mode" and will not switch to "landscape mode" like it used to. However, if I turn it off and turn it back on again, it will be in "landscape mode".

Has anyone experience this? Is there a fix to this?

Thanks,
    Chad

2.    Advertissements

Important User Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)
    Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Try an hard reset clearing non vol-
    Try also to go to calibrate accelerometer in debug page, hold on battery icon for some seconds, tap till you dont see Accelerometer test page.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

VIP Master

Hi Catymag,

Thank you for your help. I just also realized I posted this in the wrong section

An update - on my way home last night, I tried out my 3790V (with 34xx US firmware) and Junction View seems to be missing. Other than that everything seems to work fine. 3D buildings are also correctly displayed.

I haven't had a chance to hook it up to my car's mount to check if Traffic Updates and the ecorouteHD is working properly. Will update here once I get the chance along with the fix you provided me here today.

Thanks again!

Chad

Important User Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)
    Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)Garmin nuvi 3790v + ecoroute HD (OBD module)

For the right files paths in nuvis look at GarminDevice.xml in Garmin folder.
    Example in nuvi 24xx

2PaS2

and
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

VIP Master

Hello again,

I really appreciate your help and quick replies.

I just did a hard reset / non-vol reset as well as the accelerometer calibration. for some reason all the readings show "?" even after pressing the "calibrate" button. It just keeps showing "?" on all parameters. I just noticed that my compass isn't on the menu anymore.

Chad

aekhong

Quote Originally Posted by chadiln View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently living here in Bangkok and recently found the Garmin ecoroute HD module at a local gadget shop. I decided to check with the sales person, but they didn't seem to have a clue as to what it did or if it supported my then Nuvi 3770T (a localized unit sold here in Thailand). So I decided to buy it anyway and try my luck in the Internet. Its a Garmin, and my Nuvi 3770T was only a year and a half old. Worth the risk, right? So I got home and after some searches at the Garmin website, it turns out that my Nuvi 3770T wasn't on the compatibility list. :rain:

Nevermind.... At least the compatibility list included some models from the 37xx series. Maybe it would work.

The ecoroute HD did a series of 3 quick flashes once plugged in to my car. My Nuvi showed no sign / menu to connect with the ecoroute HD.

So yesterday I went and bought the Nuvi 3790V here (the compatibility list included the 3790, but LMT and the T versions). I still got the same results from the 3790V, no menu. no dialog box. It does have ASR...

After further searches, it turns out that the US version of the 3790 are able to link to the ecoroute HD. So today after going through some of the tutorials here on this excellent forum, I was planning to flash the US version of 37xx firmware to my Nuvi. After some more reading, I decided to try the 34xx instead so I flashed the latest version of the 34xx on to my Asian firmware 3790V.

The 3790 (with 34xx firmware) starts up fine and everything seems to work ok. I am currently at work, so I didn't get the chance to try the ecoroute HD connection yet. The only thing missing seems to be the lack of a Thai keyboard.

The big problem is, when I wake/unlock the Nuvi (with 34xx firmware) from sleep mode, the display stays locked on "portrait mode" and will not switch to "landscape mode" like it used to. However, if I turn it off and turn it back on again, it will be in "landscape mode".

Has anyone experience this? Is there a fix to this?

Thanks,
    Chad
    Bad news.
    1). Once you flash us fw into Thai unit ***and changed hwid ***then your 3790v Thai will be US unit and very hard to go back To be Thai unit again.
    2). 3790v has eCompass while 34xx US has not. It means you will loss dual orientation mode. You will get this feature back if you can flash with eCompass firmware. All of Us/eu fw has no ecompass, but now you can not go to Asian .
    3). Now you permanently loss Thai jcv.
    4). You will permanently loss eCompass.

Good news.
    You still get fm traffic via you original gtm35 but with 34xx features. You won't see the list of all traffic anymore.
    - you will loss Thai Narisa. But you can get it back by firmware patching.
    -***you can go back to 3790v Thai if now your hwid is still original.
    Last edited by aekhong; 29th May 2012 at 05:37 AM.

VIP Master

Hello Aekhong,

Is there any alternative way for me to use the Garmin ecoroute HD module without flashing US / EU firmware? Understand that the Thai fw doesn't include the necessary software to link up with the ecorouteHD.

You mentioned that I can go back to 3790V Thai if my hwid is still original. In the "About" page under "Device" it still shows as Nuvi 3790.

Thank you for your help

Chad

Additional note: I have an out of warranty 3770 T, should I flash 34xx fw on there instead? and restore my 3790V to the original FW if that is still possible?
    Last edited by chadiln; 29th May 2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to add a question

aekhong

Hwid is not on about page.
    It's on inventory page.

Hi,

I do not know if the functionality is enabled only for the US/EU firmware, but I can tell you an easy way to check and setup the EcoRoute HD.
    I have an EU version of the 3790T, which I upgraded to the 3490 firmware.
    Anyhow, the EcoRoute HD was working OK even with the original firmware.

To set up the HD, please go to the Apps tab and open the ecoRoute application

In the ecoRoute application go to the upper left corner (the 3 lines) and open the HD Connection screen. Press the 'title' HD Connection

It will guide you thru the steps to set up the link.

If everything goes fine you will get some extra screens in the GPS, one of them being the Gauges:

I believe that as long as you can go thru these screens you should be able to setup the EcoRoute HD.
    The process is very similar with the original 3790T screens.
    Anyhow, if you read carefully the steps to install the 3490 firmware you can get some more functionality from the GPS

The are also the screens for setting up the HD link and the Gauges: