Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Worked perfectly. Had the same issue with my Garmin Nuvi 1300. Flashed it with the attached RGN file and was then able to update it vie Webupdater. Perfection.

THANK YOU ddabcd27!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post
    Try this one:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

I have the same problem

Alexander2010

You can describe in more detail? What did you do before you run into this problem?

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screen
    Nuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screenNuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screenNuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screenNuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screenNuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screenNuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screenNuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screen

@Alexander2010
    Looks like checomx has posted it [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in more detail.

GPSPower Helper Nuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screen
    Nuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screen

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    if you dont have your backup I think you must contact Garmin support
    Which files are important to keep?
    Which files will stop the nuvi booting if they are missing?

woorst

Same problem here, constant reboot:
    power on -> garmin screen (splash logo)-> power off ... and so on non stop. tried soft reset( holding power button for 20 sec) does not work, hard reset does not work also, putting finger in lower right corner of touch screen does not do anything. It started doing it after i have started the car, garmin started to initialise itself and then i had to shut car off, after that this problem appeared. So my guess it was not completely initialised and therefore firmware(sys files) got corrupted.
    the megaupload link does not work no more...FBI shut it down.
    what can be done to revive my unit?
    thanks.

Navigation software expert Nuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screen
    Nuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screenNuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screenNuvi 1300 stuck on garmin splash screen

Use garmim cure tool or convert GCD to rgn and try reflash in pre boot.

woorst

Thanks, lolypop
    i went through process and got nowhere here is what i did:
    1. got cure tool from here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    2. got GCD file and GCD-MTK file from here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    3. started cure , picked newly downloaded files, marked option "CURE" it successfully processed file
    4. ran UPDATER, picked USB support, on this step i got GARMIN turned on with left top screen corner pressed, while pressed, GARMIN appeared in UPDATER USB connection tab, once i saw that i pressed OK, UPDATER went through writing (GARMIN showed loading loader) once loaded it gave me an error - see screen shots attached. (GARMIN it self says "SOFTWARE MISSING")

Did i miss something?
    Also, Device ID starts with 375... does that make any sense at all? again, see pics attached.

P.S. i have also tried ORIGINAL (i suppose when chosen it just flashes original without modifications)
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    P.P.S. PREBOOT: i cant get any response from GARMIN unit when trying to get to ST0RAGE mode, also am i right, that i actually need that so PC would see my GARMIN unit?
    Thanks folks for helping me out, i sincerely appreciate it, still hoping to get it to work.

added: found this and readint it now: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    ADDED LATER: some people may wonder about guts and PDF/DATASHEETs so i have found datasheets for bot of my ROM and RAM chips
    CPU:
    ARM GARMIN ST
    590-00045-01
    AA045 VQ

ROM:
    SANDISK iNAND
    SDIN2C2-2G
    (spezial.com/commercio/dateien/produktbeitraege/DS_-_iNAND.pdf)

RAM:
    SEC K4X51163PG
    forum.hjtag.com/attachment.php?aid=499&sid=gtkNHD

Allright, i now have finished reading sticky about SOFTWARE MISSING - do you folks use regular terminal or special one, perhaps custom?
    another question - it appears to me that this unit can be flashed with having certain file(s) on SD card - am i right? thanks
    Last edited by woorst; 16th May 2012 at 05:58 AM.

woorst

Anybody has any suggestions?

woorst

junked.question is closed.