Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 34 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    GPSPower Helper Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies

Υou get this RTL Trap Error Number: 6E5D8015, every time you unplug the usb cable from the computer.
    I tried this with Vista and Win7 (both with Mass Storage and MTP Auto Detect).
    After I've done a "safely remove hardware" or "Εject", 3490 is still on power from the computer.
    I mark the time, I unplug the usb cable and 3490 turns off.
    I check the "error time" and it's the exact second I unpluged the cable and power went off.

Finally I've managed to shut it off while still plugged in the computer (Win7, Mass Storage).
    I got the same as before, one more RTL Trap.

It has something to do with power turning off after you disconnect 3490 from the computer.

3490 firmware 6.30 (3760 modded).

2.    Advertissements

Anderson Wood

The firmware instaled now is 6.30, and the map is CN_SA_NT 2013.10.

I had clear non vol before and after flashing and update via webupdater, and the Gps is stil shutdown!

If the Gps is in mode "gps off to use indor" he doesn't shutdown.

I'm going to revew all the steps of page 1 of this tutorial.

Tomorow I will test it...

Navigation software expert Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies

Quote Originally Posted by x-trail View Post
    Υou get this RTL Trap Error Number: 6E5D8015, every time you unplug the usb cable from the computer.
    I believe that's correct. You won't get the same behavior from the device when you connect it to USB without the MicroSD plugged in. The device shuts down when you do a safe hardware remove as it should, but after disconnecting & turn it on you will find one more new RTL Trap error. After 6.20 firmware version disconnecting the device from USB probably creates a RTL Trap error no matter what & how you do it. I don't know if this error affects the functionality of the device in any way, my guess is that it doesn't.

P.S.
    Nice to share some thoughts with you x-trail
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by x-trail View Post
    On my 3490 (modded 3760 with All Features Enabled) with 6.30 firmware and CNEUNT 2012.40 Address search looks like this:
    postal
    With every new tap on a letter (or number), new letters (or numbers) are now enabled or disabled.

With another map, Address search is different.
    Postal Codes is not a feature of this map, so "Enter postal Code" it's disabled and not shown on the screen.
    Smart filtering is also disabled with this map and as I continue to tap on letters, the list of available cities is shown on the screen.
    I believe it has to do with the \.System\SID folder and CNxxNT maps.
    I think I found the answer to my question. The address entry style appears to be controlled by the locale and not by the firmware (but the maps may also control it too; my testing was only with NA maps).

I first found that by changing the locale from United States to Australia, I got the smart filtering style of address entry instead of the number pad.

Then I examined the locale.xml file in the .System folder and found that there are two types of address entry modes: "Standard" and "Enhanced." By default, the United States locale's address entry mode is "Enhanced". To test my theory, I edited the locale.xml file to change this to "Standard" for the United States. I then reset the unit's locale to the United States. I did an address entry and it did indeed do the smart filtering now.

Alexander2010

Copy Keyboards directory from 3490. Kbd files is different

Hello, I'm new here and just tried to follow this "guide".

I have searched forum, however, I still cannot find the way or FAQ on how to backup my nuvi 3790. Is just the matter of coping everything from it on local HD, or there is utility for backup?

Also, where can you buy "GTM 60" receiver in UK if anyone knows?

Just tried to download keyboards for 34xx from Garmin site and it always reroutes to another page instead initialising download.

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Thanks
    Last edited by babar0ga; 24th April 2012 at 12:51 AM.

Important User Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies

Code:
    Works for me, I attach the file here, use FF , IE8 has problems with our server-

To make a backup , enable hidden files in Windows and copy the whole content (.System included) of your nuvi to pc.It should be better to backup your NV too.
    See this thread:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

To make the NV backup with sd:
    (Important note :NV backup is not the backup of files of Nuvi, but the NonVol memory backup,it contains Nuvi ID, all your maps codes, probably your Nuvi registration date on myGarmin and first satellite fix etc. Everything is in reg 41,all in these few bytes. NV backup is your nuvi "personal" backup ,dont share it on public forums or you can risk someone clone it)

Spoiler: CLICK
    1-Create a "Garmin" folder in an empty sd.
    2-In Garmin directory create a directory named "Updater".
    3-In Updater create a directory named as your nuvi HWID number, it must be 4 digits eg: 0971
    4-In the above folder copy Ldr.bin . What is Ldr.bin? It is your firmware boot.bin you can extract with RGN_tool
    Code:
    and rename it as Ldr.bin.
    5-So copy it in "XXXX" (nuvi HWID) folder along an update.txt made with notepad where you'll write this command :

rrgn,41,1:/41_backup.bin
    reboot

6-Insert the sd in your nuvi, you'll see at boot a software loading message and nuvi will write your NV backup in sd, let it reboot, shut it down, remove the sd and keep your Nuvi NV backup in a safe place.

To restore it replace command with:
    xrgn,41,1:/41.bin
    reboot

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Neil; 27th February 2014 at 10:47 PM.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks, will try tonight when I get home....

Just doing backup now, run the NV backup on 8GB microSD, and now I'm coping whole contents of device onto the same microSD into another BACKUP directory....

Can you explain to me what exactly is a purpose of "NV" and the backup I have just done?

Thanks again

Important User Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies

NV memory includes model number, registration code, unlock codes for preinstalled map and other needed infos, a bad execution of a firmware update or a wrong firmware flashing can corrupt it, so it's better to backup it. You'll be probably able to restore it from sd in such cases.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600