Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The tutorial mentioned by Neil is an excellent way to start. Or, you can just open up mapsource. Click on "Help" and look up "Creating and Using Maps Sets". You may have enough information to get started.

2.    Advertissements

Vip Master Garmin TOPO Alaska Enhanced v.2.0
    Garmin TOPO Alaska Enhanced v.2.0Garmin TOPO Alaska Enhanced v.2.0

If you have the map now in Mapsource you have as Neil says done the hard part!
    In Mapsource select the Map tool (in dropdown Tools or with Icon), then you can select one or more tiles from the map, generate the gmapsupp.img file and transfer it to the gps. The size of the selected tiles can be seen to the left in Mapsource. I noticed that some tiles were bigger than the memory in your gps so maybe some part will not fit in it.

alaskamark

Thanks everybody! The problem was I wasn't selecting the right tool in mapsource to select the tiles. It went easy after that. I have it downloaded onto the Vista. I ended up using the map from this thread instead of the one Catymag suggested just because I wanted more detail and I actually was able to fit more square miles than I though I would. I could never traverse this much Alaskan terrain by foot. So....I guess if I want another area I will just go through this process again.

Thanks for all your help and instant responses. Not many forums out there are this willing to help....especially a newbie

Thanks again to all. ~Mark