Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0
    Member +

Default Do VocalizerTTS voices give more free RAM?

Heard a rumour that, as they are designed for devices of 32MB or less, they should give (much) more free RAM on a 64 MB device. Off to try it on my GO910 and will post result.

2.    Advertissements

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish33 View Post
    Heard a rumour that, as they are designed for devices of 32MB or less, they should give (much?) more free RAM on a 64 MB device. Off to try it on my GO910 and will post result.
    No dice. Still only 12MB free RAM. Sound is down, close to u/s even though linked to noise and turned up to maximum.

GO910, NC 9.026, B/L 5.5229. copied Serena to root, deleted LoquendoTTS, rebooted and ran clearflash tool (twice).

reloading my LoquendoTTS and will try later.

Volume now back.
    Last edited by Hamish33; 22nd February 2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Later...

There is no need to use loq qualtiy Vocalizer voices on a 64mb device.
    With the 9.400 NC and the good old Kate I have over 20mb free ram which is more than enough for me.
    12mb is a bit low, but that is not caused by the voices - it is the Navcore and/or emulation.
    The 9.004 on my 730 is over 20mb too and offers "truck features" for normal maps.
    The 9.400 offers instructions through FM.
    So before you mess with the voices I suggest to try some different NC's

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder35m View Post
    With the 9.400 NC and the good old Kate I have over 20mb free ram which is more than enough for me.
    12mb is a bit low, but that is not caused by the voices - it is the Navcore and/or emulation.
    The 9.004 on my 730 is over 20mb too and offers "truck features" for normal maps.
    Thanks for this, I'm d/ling your 9.400 from
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ],
    post #4, and 9.004SE from Sebastien79' link (on this site).

I'm hoping that your 9.400 x40 emu offers 'Turn off' voice guidance as well as 'Turn off sound - like 9.026 in x40 emu.
    Last edited by Hamish33; 23rd February 2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Typo

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by Downunder35m View Post
    Had problems changing emus, but think I sussed it. x40 very quiet, no 'Turn off Voice guidance' and I couldn't find how to get the free RAM msg. Also my screen seemed dimmer than with 9.026 (always max for "Day" and 50% for "Night" with "reduce" brightness when dark".

Where did you get 9.004 from? I feel more comfortable patching than using an SE version - which may be why I don't so much free RAM!

A V9 Navcore won't really help you on a 32mb device unless you try the new 9.410 for One models which has support for LoquendoTTS and the Asian iFlytech TTS system.
    But still it is designed for 64mb devices!
    The only real solution to get enough free Ram is using a V8 Navcore or a V9 designed for 32mb devices.
    The 9.205 would be a choice if the correct SE is used.
    If you don't want to search for working Navcore links and SE versions try the DSA tool