Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thank you for trying to help! Maybe map is the problem, and I will format memory card and start over. And try with new map.

When I start Garmin and going through the menus, everything is OK. Only when I'm looking my map, Garmin freeze. Not the phone, just Garmin. So, I think it's not memory problem.

But, is it possible that my phone is hacked badly?

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Post here please your help request regarding Garmin
    Post here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding Garmin

That does sound like a map problem then. Try another map before you throw in the towel and start again. If you got a hack problem, catymag is the best one to help 'coz she knows Symbiam backwards. If you've tried everything including a fresh install and it's still u/s, post in Symbian forum with full details. Caty or someone over there will be able to help with a bad hack.

Thanks again! First to get new map, then we'll see.

Post here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding GarminPost here please your help request regarding Garmin

Another thought on maps: If gmxt uses a DEM basemap, lockups can occur. At very least slow scrolling etc. If you feel the 10MB one garmin supplies for xt is too old (5yrs) you could use [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with the DEM stripped out by GMapTool. It's then about 19MB and seems to run ok on my xt.

Thanks, I download it, and will try it.

OK, I hard reset the phone, hack it right , install Garmin (xt 5.00.60), then base map that you recomended, downloaded new map Europe 2012.30, in Map source I chosed parts that I need, transfer to mobile, and now everything working like it should at start!

I'm not sure what was the problem, but who cares, problem solwed

Thanks for help and support!

How do you strip out DEM from Garmin Worldwide Autoroute DEM Basemap?

Regards

MAP DIFFERENCES?
    Hi, thanks for any help in advance.
    Do the maps for MAPSOURCE and Basecamp differ in as much as we cannot install a basecamp map for mapsource or vise-versa?
    Is there still a place to get the newest maps for mapsource?

The reason I ask is because the search function inside basecamp invariably returns no results found, 99% of the time. It sucks compared to mapsource.

Quote Originally Posted by mike6000 View Post
    How do you strip out DEM from Garmin Worldwide Autoroute DEM Basemap?
    Use [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Select 'Remove Altitude Data DEM' under Join tab.

Quote Originally Posted by hugobosss View Post
    MAP DIFFERENCES?
    Hi, thanks for any help in advance.
    Do the maps for MAPSOURCE and Basecamp differ in as much as we cannot install a basecamp map for mapsource or vise-versa?
    Is there still a place to get the newest maps for mapsource?

The reason I ask is because the search function inside basecamp invariably returns no results found, 99% of the time. It sucks compared to mapsource.
    The main difference is described here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. More on MS & BC in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Plenty of MS version maps available via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].