Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast
    Important User How to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilot
    How to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilot

Apple How to install any Garmin map on Iphone Garmin StreetPilot

How to install any Garmin map on Iphone Garmin StreetPilot

Jailbreak isnt needed if you buy the application at Apple store, if you want to use the posted app. your Iphone must be jailbroken
    Download the program Garmin StreetPilot (OnBoard):
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

Quote Originally Posted by kan2543 View Post

*** unlimited *.img unlocked maps (free name) you can use by create folder name "Map" and trow in it***

Root : /Library/sdcard/Garmin/Map
    TTS Voices files US & UK English, Spanish, French & German
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    mirrors

Voices all languages (.vpm)
    or

The program iExplorer (download version for Mac or PC here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) to replace the file maps of the U.S.
    Open iExplorer and turn your pc settings to show hidden files.

Credits ,Source , more infos and screens here
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

Quote Originally Posted by art3m1s View Post

Western Europe version (version 2.00.20 ).

The file size is very-very BIG (3.4 GB) due to Europe Maps, so I try to modify the IPA and delete the .IMG files and repackage it.

So please find the version 2.00.20 No Maps IPA, 125MB onThis post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    password for download: opengarmin
    download garmin ipa 2.1 (1.4 gb) This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content. .

Quote Originally Posted by manojmat View Post
    Make sure that you're using an unlocked map. If yes, there are some Garmin apps that have an additional protection of not allowing unlocked maps to be used. Some allow the workaround of renaming the map as gmap3d.img instead of gmapprom.img and it still works as a routable map. Some of the newer garmin apps do not allow that either. Then you could try replacing the executable with this one from the US app This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content. Unzip and put into the garmin-nav.app folder.

Quote Originally Posted by manojmat View Post
    Here are a few modified plist files for Garmin USA that enable additional features. To use, copy them over to the garmin-nav.app folder.

The modified settings_navigation.plist enables the Route Simulator option in navigation settings.
    The modified TargetConfig.plist enables map switch (allowing individual maps to be turned on and off), current street name display at the bottom and current lane guidance.

After copying the files check the permissions and ownership settings and correct them if necessary.

Edit: Had made a mistake in the current lane guidance entry. Have re-uploaded the corrected files. Those who wish to modify their plist, you can use ifile or a plist editor on PC/Mac to change the entry in TargetConfig.plist of current_lane_guidance_display to current_lane_guidance_enable...................................
    The navigation settings menu is sourced from settings_navigation_no_multimodal.plist instead of settings_navigation.plist for Garmin USA 2.2
    Here's the modified plist with Route Simulator This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content. (as usual, unzip and paste in garmin-nav.app folder)
    In all garmin apps, even without the menu setting, one can always turn gps_simulator on or off using ifile property list viewer on settings_defaults.plist
    mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by GvS View Post
    Tip for those who cannot edit the plist-files.This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content. After restarting the App the modifications are effective.

Quote Originally Posted by platezero View Post
    if you found some problem about setting permission, please tryThis post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content. without setting permission.
    iTools
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

Quote Originally Posted by tonytone View Post

See also:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    and

NOTE by Catymag: I've added here for members' convenience some users' quoted posts, remember to hit their like button or give them rep+ instead of hitting my LIKE or reputation button Thanks
    Last edited by catymag; 27th March 2013 at 11:59 PM. Reason: added tonytone's post+ reuploaded voices
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

Member + How to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilot

Garmin recently released an "Europe" version, which is now in the iTunes Store in Europe (official release).

Navigation software expert How to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilot
    How to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilot

Recently a user who tried the Western European version of the app on his iPhone 3Gs, after adding a second local map in "sdcard\Garmin" directory, told me that he couldn't choose only one map to be active cause the app didn't gave him that option. So yes you can add a second map in StreetPilot Onboard but both maps will be active at the same time without the possibilιty to choose which one you want to use in case they have the same coverage ?

For example ... Greece is in the Western European package and Auto Drive is a local Greek map but you can't have them both cause they 'll run together at the same time ?

Is that normal for the app, or it has to do with some kind of problem in this specific user's device ?

Thanks in advance ...

Master How to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilot

It worked perfectly with Brazil Autoguiagps map v3.03.
    I would like to know how to install POI (speed cameras, toll, spine, etc.).

Hacsat

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. How to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilot
    How to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilotHow to install any Garmin map on  Iphone  Garmin StreetPilot

Hi Caty,
    a VERY Minor but constructive criticism (you know how picky i can be):
    Additional cards can be put into the directory
    iPhone - Apps-USA - Library - sdcard - Garmin named gmapsupp.img and the card will be used by the application to work
    which is a translation from the original Russian: "Дополнительную карту можно положить в каталог
    iPhone – Apps- USA – Library – sdcard – Garmin под именем gmapsupp.img и эта карта будет использована приложением в работе"
    This might be a bit of a "trap for young players" who may think card is a reference to media card rather than a translation glitch from карту, карта or карт which i think can variously translate as map, card or chart depending on the context. All the old hands around here would be aware of this of course. Maybe change "card(s)" to "map(s)" for consistency? Great tut BTW, and thanks for posting .... 2 of my "iphone hugging" sons and a couple of similarly inclined daughters-in-law and various friends are gonna love this! Me, i'll stick with XT on my 5800xm for now (i'm stubborn and it gives the kids something else to laugh at me for.

Navigation Software Expert

карта = maps.

catymag used google translator to translate my instruction ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]), I guess. I may answer any questions regarding this instruction.

I want to add that gmaptz.img file is needed to be replaced to the newer one. ( that could be easyly taken from any modern nuvi after you use webUpdater.

It is normal that all maps are enabled. It is assumed you have maps for different coverage, in this case it is convinient. If you have the same coverage, you must choose the best map and use only one.

Also I am not succeded to get TTS Russian to work. I guess some additional files are needed. Non-TTS voices, created with Garmin Voice Creator are workable (in Russian we have at least 6 custom voices).

POI could be placed to the \var\mobile\Applications\(many digits and numbers)\garmin-nav.app\storage-usa\poi
    I will recheck it with non-jailed phone.

Master

Hello neadrenalin and Welcome to the forum! Very happy to see one more garmin expert here writing!!! The biggest!
    Last edited by ddabcd277; 29th December 2011 at 10:32 AM.

Hello neadrenalin and Welcome to the forum