Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 110 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Important User Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies
    Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies

Rom Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies

Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies

(For US/EU units only)

It is so simple that I thought it was useless to post it, but I've to reply many pms about it , so here we are:

IMPORTANT NOTE:FIRST BACKUP your Nuvi please: enable hidden files and folders in Windows and copy all your nuvi content to your pc
    ...and possibly backup your NV too
    how to ? Here.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    This will save your Nuvi if you make a mistake flashing If you brick it just NV backup will restore it, so DO IT!!

And please read this post and follow with care step by step ,or you can brick your device.
    Flashing a nuvi without understanding the whole procedure is risky.-

Finally : if you don't know what you are doing .. just don't do it !

Detailed instructions

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content. Read also

Attachments:
    Spoiler: CLICK
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by Neil; 8th January 2022 at 12:27 AM.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

Transform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummiesTransform a Nuvi 37xx in a Nuvi 34xx for dummies

34xx works fine,it shows 3790 at start ,but it acts like a 34xx, np with webupdater , MyGarmin page and mapupdater.
    PS I forgot :you can come back to 37xx when you want ,flashing it to 37xx normal sw .rgn and 37xx logo
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

voyager56

Attention: I noticed one thing: if GarminLifeUpdater is running in the background, you will not be able to flash firmware. Updater will not work. Kill GarminLifeUpdater and then flash firmware. Looks like GarminLifeUpdater intercepts communication via USB.

GarminLifeUpdater ? It never worked fine till now, IMHO useless application
    l9ebnsm

I am getting "SYSTEM FILES MISSING" every time I try to flash my 3790 to 34xx firmware.
    What can I be doing wrong ?

Must I change something before save the nuvi34xx_GCDFile__360.rgn ?

Also I found small error: Now hard reset Nuvi clearing non vol in Debugging menu : hold your finger in Volume page - I think it must be Speed Page not Volume - I am entering the Debugging menu by pressing and holding on the center of Speed Menu.

Master

This is normal. After you get System Software Missing hold the Press button till the nuvi turn off. Then turn it on and voala

Master

some localized unit may not able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by rexxxxx View Post
    Also I found small error: Now hard reset Nuvi clearing non vol in Debugging menu : hold your finger in Volume page - I think it must be Speed Page not Volume - I am entering the Debugging menu by pressing and holding on the center of Speed Menu.
    you can get it from Volume page too, have you tried it ?
    l9ebnsm

got it to work - one of the times when it said SYSTEM SOFTWARE MISSING when rebooted the nuvi stuck on LOADER LOADING screen - after manual reboot - the nuvi loaded to the 34xx firmware. Then it was a bit tricky to enter pre-boot mode to flash the LOGO - but after a few tries I managed.

I have tried many times to go to Debug menu from Volume menu - never managed to do it. (from Trip Computer menu I can enter any time).

Also I have a question - I see there is DeviceConfig_VideoPlayback_Enabled.xml - what files are supported ?
    Last edited by rexxxxx; 1st December 2011 at 06:28 PM.

Master

@Catymag, how to get into NonVol from volume page?

Thanks for advice.