Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Who has a new Etrex 20?

Hi
    Just wondering if my maps will be working on it,all from the net.
    Iam having a Etrex Legend,and thinking of upating too Etrex 20,because i can use rastermaps and bluecharts g2.
    But not sure if its worth it.

2.    Advertissements

Master

Smile

The new etrexes will support both GPS & Russian nav. system GLONASS. Who knows maybe this will be the most accurate GPS receiver garmin has ever made! Unfortunately nowhere it is written that they will support garmin custom maps (raster maps):
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Most probably not. I guess this is a marketing move rather than hardware impossibility. Bluechart are written that will be supported. The minuses I see is that the resolution of the screen is very poor - 176 x 220 pixels. So you shouldn't forget your glassess when taking the etrex with you

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post
    The new etrexes will support both GPS & Russian nav. system GLONASS. Who knows maybe this will be the most accurate GPS receiver garmin has ever made! Unfortunately nowhere it is written that they will support garmin custom maps (raster maps):
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Most probably not. I guess this is a marketing move rather than hardware impossibility. Bluechart are written that will be supported. The minuses I see is that the resolution of the screen is very poor - 176 x 220 pixels. So you shouldn't forget your glassess when taking the etrex with you
    Here are the map specs from the Garmin UK site,it seems too be compatiple with rastermaps,

Add Maps
    With its microSD™ card slot and 1.7 GB of internal memory, eTrex 20 lets you load our range of Ordnance Survey maps such as Garmin GB Discoverer™ and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart® g2preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT® map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatible maps). eTrex 30 also supports BirdsEye™ Select map download service , that lets you download premium raster maps to your device and integrate them with your existing maps.

Master

Ok, I agree - possible raster maps but on the condition that should be purchased separate. Not possible users custom raster maps.

Custom Raster Maps: Garmin says Etrex 30 and 20 are compatible : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]