Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If that dont work try making a modded firmware with RGNtool and change boot.bin sw version to 2.19. Then save as RGN or GCD. If RGN use updater.exe to load, otherwise just name it GUPDATE.GCD and save to .system folder and reboot device.
    The 2.19 sw version will force device back to factory default firmware (2.2). Then update to required version.
    Make sure Bluetooth and Voice command are activated in Menu too.
    When updating from factory default you will need to pull usb lead after copying GCD across as the original firmware had a fault with the safe disconnect method.

2.    Advertissements

Hi,

ok, have you some instruction of how to do that? where can I get RGNtool? and boot.bin file?

Important User Nuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice command
    Nuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice commandNuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice commandNuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice commandNuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice commandNuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice commandNuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice commandNuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice command

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Hi
    I get nuvi37xx_regionfileonly__250.gcd from garmin server. Use RGNTool and make a .rgn file.
    Use hex editor and change nuvi 37xx to nuvi 3790, save .rgn and use updater.exe in pre-boot.

Now in about it said nuvi 3790 and in the boot text show nuvi 3790

Now I'm doing a webupdate to see if it's works.

no luck, still not working. I try the 390 firmware download from garmin but still not working.

with hex editor I search bluetooth and I fount it in the firmware 410, also the voice command. I don't know why it don't show on the menu.

I think I could try to convert it to sg/man firmware but can I go backup to Europe version? original? because I want to use Ecoroute HD.

what you think?

aekhong

If you use original boot.bin + sg/my resources.bin + sg/my fw_all.bin(override hwid to be 1101) then you can go back to original EU.

GPSPower Helper Nuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice command
    Nuvi 3790 lost bluetooth and voice command

Here you have version 2.3 of the SG/MY 3790 firmware, ready, tested and functional, if not get with the procedures above.

trenat

Quote Originally Posted by angelozip View Post
    Here you have version 2.3 of the SG/MY 3790 firmware, ready, tested and functional, if not get with the procedures above.
    Hello gurus, complete noob here with regards to GPS stuff and am facing the same issue as sebagari. I'm willing to try out all the other techy stuff that he's gone through but 2 things :
    1. I'm using a Mac which I believe makes things a little more challenging
    2. I'm not as familiar with programs and terminology as sebagari

Could someone point me in the right direction where there's a step by step instruction (more or less is fine)? Appreciate any help thrown my way!

trenat

Hi sebagari,

Any luck with your problem? I'm also stuck with the same issues as you. Tried a few things but no luck. Let me know if you find a solution please!

apdjap

I also have the same problem. Sebagiri, pls let know whether your problem is sorted out and if so how.