Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mapperoni

You don't need other utilities to install TopoHispania, it's an executable file and will install itself.

2.    Advertissements

jerryhh

1. Many files were extracted from Part 1. Presumably the extraction worked as expected and Part 2 to 8 were extracted.
    2. Cgpsmapper free version was extracted and is an exe file. The file is not in the same directory as the *.img files. Where should it be?
    Last edited by jerryhh; 8th August 2011 at 11:45 PM.

jerryhh

Mapperoni:
    The *.img files are in C:\Garmin folder. How do I get them into MapSource for uploading to my Garmin?

Important User Topo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKor
    Topo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKor

Ok there is a bit of confusion here-

If you downloaded the Mapsource version:
    (Topo Hispania v2.03 for MapSource or BaseCamp by SinRenKor)
    you must have extracted it as an exe, you must run it and install the map in Mapsource- Once installed ,open Mapsource and you'll have the map in it-
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you downloaded the Sd version:
    (Topo Hispania v2.03 for MicroSD (GPS Garmin) by SinRenKor)
    you'll have ,once extracted ,an .img to put directly in your device sd ,in a Garmin folder
    or in Map folder (it depends on unit).
    Gmaptool can be used to install an .img in Mapsource ,when the original Mapsource version isnt available
    and to work he needs Cgpsmapper -
    We have here the original MS map ,so we wont use it
    Better you read some tutorial
    and
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Mapperoni

Thanks for clearing out the confusion catymag.

@jerryhh: Since you planned to use Mapsource (as stated in your first post) I assumed you downloaded the Mapsource version.

jerryhh

Thanks to Mapperoni and catymag. It took a while to find the appropriate tutorial sections and I had 36 hr filled with other projects (grandchildren included). Finally got the img file uploaded to the Garmin in time for someone who is flying to Barcelona and Pyrenees today.
    Another question: With MapSource it is possible to select the map portions required and load only them to the Garmin. I did not need all of Spain so should I have selected the MapSource files instead of Topo Hispania v2.03 for MicroSD (GPS Garmin) by SinRenKor?
    Thank you again.

Mapperoni

Yes, with Mapsource you can select the map-area you want and send it to your GPS or SD card.
    On a modern Garmin you can rename the default img name that Mapsource gives to a mapset (gmapsupp.img) to any name you want. You can load several different maps this way and choose the best map when arrived at your destination.

firdarig

Very nice.
    I have an issue on my Garmin Dakota 20, the maps are there but I am not able to search....
    I have copieed the .img file into the garmin directory on the SD card and selected the map in the configuration menu.

What am I doing wrong?

Any hope for a gmap file?
    MacPro, 2x 2.8 Ghz, OS X 10.6.8
    Dakota 20
    TomTom XXL IQ

Important User Topo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKor
    Topo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKorTopo Hispania up to v2.03 and Topo Hispania v 2.03 with DEM by SinRenKor

Replaced megaupload links
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600