Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

VIP Master

Well Frustrating, bring it over and go out for lunch. I'll have it done and working for ya when ya get back!

2.    Advertissements

VIP Master

Quote Originally Posted by surayoot View Post
    I download all file.
    It have folowing file

20CNNNT1220imgUL.z01
    20CNNNT1220imgUL.z02
    20CNNNT1220imgUL.zip

But I can't extract file.
    Using a 3rd party unpacker(WinRAR, WinZip, etc) double-click on 20CNNNT1220imgUL.zip and it should expand out for extraction.

Important User

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    7zip
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfn View Post
    This file have problems...
    all the links and files in post one and in post 27 checked(multiupload direct links are fast and no captcha) , they extract and work fine-
    I've tested the map in Mapsource and in nuvi 3790 and in Nuvi 1200-
    JCV files posted work fine in my devices: in 3790 splitted screen , in 1200(asian sw) full screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Frustated XT user View Post
    BTW, I have the 2012.20 torrent so I found a workaround....as always. Just need the junction view file and .tmz files.
    Nice you finally got it, next time go for them at once ,just curious Frustrated user, what are .tmz files ?
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Senior Member Strephon Alkhalikoi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frustated XT user View Post
    What are you talking about??? What misleading info? Your're providing misleading info. Copying a 340 mb file onto your 7x5 will consumer 340 mb. It doesnt matter how much the device sees or use, it still sucks up storage space, your GPS does not have unlimited storage. duh! Each device is different in storage capacity. This is why if you download the map through Garmin, the downloader updates how much it needs on your device. If your're suggesting the .jcv files are not backwards compatible, that is correct. If that's what you're trying to say, then please do so.

The fact I dont like how the downloads are setup and how the moderator is handling things is irrelevant.
    Misleading info? You telling people that they can take their old JCV files from 2012.10 and use them in 2012.20 is misleading. It's hyperbole on your part, and it is flat out wrong information. At this point, no one should take you seriously, because you have proven yourself to not be credible.

Your discontent with the downloads and how Catymag chooses to run the site has bearing upon your credibility because it shows to all who look that you have an axe to grind. It is said that the guilty often are the first ones to jump to the defensive whenever their point of view is questioned. I'd say you've condemned yourself.

EDIT: I had to read your post a second time. In your arrogance you completely missed the point. Garmin is pushing a 51MB file to users of its nüvi receivers who upgrade their units to 2012.20 and that have small amounts of memory. 51MB is approximately 10% (actual number: 11.4%) of the full file. Which means there is no possible way that the small file can contain every junction view present in the large file. Please explain to me just how that is misleading, because numbers do not lie.
    Last edited by Strephon Alkhalikoi; 7th August 2011 at 01:52 AM.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    --Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi View Post
    <...> EDIT: I had to read your post a second time. In your arrogance you completely missed the point. Garmin is pushing a 51MB file to users of its nüvi receivers who upgrade their units to 2012.20 and that have small amounts of memory. 51MB is approximately 10% (actual number: 11.4%) of the full file. Which means there is no possible way that the small file can contain every junction view present in the large file. <...>.
    Just to look at things from a different perspective... is the 51 MB JCV file so much smaller than the 446 MB file because it contains less images of junctions? Or could it be the file size is smaller because the images have a lower resolution...??

Adding my two cents to the posts of Frustrated XT user...

In the time I have been member here, I have come across repetitive posts in which Frustrated XT user expresses his preference to download files through torrents. Fine. He also complains about links provided in this forum don't work properly, not at all or have other disadvantages. Fine too. However, don't keep going on about it. Ventilating criticism is fine, but please do so in a constructive manner. You've made your point on more than one occasion. I assume you came to this forum voluntarily. If you don't like it, move on. No use hanging around a forum you continuously find fault with.

Being a Moderator on a major computer forum myself, I know the work that goes into the job. In that capacity, I like to express my appreciation, admiration and gratitude to the Administrators and Moderators of this forum, in particular catymag. They do an outstanding job in keeping this forum and its gazillion links up to date. A job truly well done! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by smokefree View Post
    Just to look at things from a different perspective... is the 51 MB JCV file so much smaller than the 446 MB file because it contains less images of junctions? Or could it be the file size is smaller because the images have a lower resolution...??
    I downloaded the smaller file linked in the first post and installed it just to see what would happen. The test route I ran was from the intersection of Route 81 and Rodman Street in Fall River, Massachusetts to a friend's house in Moncton, NB. The large file had 15 Junction Views along the route. The same route with the smaller file had zero.

The smaller file has fewer images.
    Last edited by Strephon Alkhalikoi; 7th August 2011 at 04:54 PM.

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    --Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by smokefree View Post
    ... I like to express my appreciation, admiration and gratitude to the Administrators and Moderators of this forum, in particular catymag. They do an outstanding job in keeping this forum and its gazillion links up to date. A job truly well done! Thank you.
    Second that. Catymag is my favorite. She is the most responsive and most helpful moderator in my humble opinion.

As to the broken links, I found just about all the posts are mostly to inform and seek solutions and have the broken links corrected, not to gripe. I, personally, have little trouble with the links as posted and after the (occasional) broken ones are updated. Thanks to the efforts of the original posters, moderators and contributing members.

Quote Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi View Post
    I downloaded the smaller file linked in the first post and installed it just to see what would happen. The test route I ran was from the intersection of Route 81 and Rodman Street in Fall River, Massachusetts to a friend's house in Moncton, NB. The large file had 15 Junction Views along the route. The same route with the smaller file had zero.

The smaller file has fewer images.
    Your effort to try this out is much appreciated! I wonder on what basis Garmin has selected these fewer images.

I believe that they're trying to "persuade" the users of low end, i.e. unprofitable, GPS receivers to upgrade.

At the moment I am attempting to acquire the 150MB version of the JCV file for testing. On another forum that is discussing the Junction View issue one of the posters believes that the only difference between the 150MB file and the 446MB file is the resolution of the images. I want to test this, since if true it will be a better solution for the 1xxx series users than the 37xx JCV file. The distortion of the various junction view images in the 37xx JCV file when used on a 1xxx unit may well be eliminated with this file.

EDIT: My results are below.

Intersection of Rt. 81 and Rodman Street, Fall River, MA (Coordinates, -71.152273, 41.695415) to High Street, Moncton, NB (-64.793329, 46.095168)

51MB file - 0 Junction Views
    152MB file - 11 Junction Views
    446MB file - 15 Junction Views

Verdict: The 152MB file is an acceptable alternative to the 446MB file. It has far more Junction Views than the 51MB file, but still has less views than the 446MB file. Image distortion was not eliminated with this file, and thus images were not any sharper than the 446MB file. I cannot test whether the resolution of the images in the JCV file have changed, but I think that to be unlikely. What is more likely is that the 446MB file has two versions of the same image: portrait and landscape. The portrait images were most likely deleted, which would cut the file size by about half, and then some minor junctions were removed.

Comments: I'll have to debate which file I want in my 1300LM on a full-time basis. Currently I have the 446MB file installed since it is the most complete of the files. I have the space to spare on my MicroSD so....
    Last edited by Strephon Alkhalikoi; 7th August 2011 at 11:11 PM.

--Douglas Adams