Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    ali40

Default Nuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin Logo

Hi,

1st post - pls be gentle :-)

I updated my firmware on Nuvi 1310 earlier on using the webubdater which worked fine. I then went into the "my Garmin" dashboard where it stated that there was another firmware update which I stipidly accepted. It installed OK and then asked me to remove USB lead, wait for the unit to boot to normal screen and then restart it. Did all this but when I went to re-start it will not get past the Garmin logo. Tried removing the battery etc but to no avail.

Turning it on with the bottom right corner pressed does nothing.
    I tried pre-boot mode with no sucess - If I press the top left of the screen and plug in the USB lead, it boots the unit and I get the USB "beep" from the PC but with my finger still held, it disconnects the USB again maybe 15 seconds later. The drive has not shown up on PC at that point.

I then tried copying an older firmware to the MicroSD (under /Garmin/ folder) but it didn't seem to boot that either so not sure what's going on. Do I have to put it into any special mode to get it to re-program firmware via the SD card?

Looking at a backup xml file, I see the following info:

<PartNumber>006-B0972-00</PartNumber>
    <SoftwareVersion>220</SoftwareVersion>
    <Description>nüvi 1310</Description>
    </Model>
    <Id>3612411703</Id>

HELP!

Thanks,
    Ali

2.    Advertissements

ali40

Default Solved

Hi Folks,

Managed to solve this after a lot of trial and error.....

I did not think that pre-bott mode was working but I discovered that I could actually perform firmware updates with update.exe desipte the fact that the pre-boot mode kept cutting off the USB!

Process:

- Downloaded previous version of firmware from Garmin website (5.30)
    - Dumped this into RGN tool and checed Hardware ID (in my case 0972) matched the one from GarminDevice.xml from a backup of the unit I made when I got it (this is VERY useful thing to do!)
    - I saved this as rgd then used XVI32 to initially invalidate all file extensions and programmed this to the unit but I still could not get it working as a USB device

I then did a bit more reading and found

- Did a bit more reading and found [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    - I then created a script file in notepad which was a combination of the example script from the above link plus also the additional changes to get round the issue of USB not being seen on the PC. All cudos to the posters of this info but here it is in combined form

ADR 0
    REPLACEALL 30 00 30 00 36 00 42 00 BY 30 00 30 00 42 00 36 00
    ADR 0
    REPLACEALL 00 00 42 00 30 00 BY 00 00 30 00 42 00
    ADR 0
    REPLACEALL 67 00 6D 00 61 00 70 00 BY 6D 00 67 00 61 00 70 00
    ADR 0
    REPLACEALL 30 00 3A 00 2F BY 00 00 3A 00 2F
    ADR 0
    REPLACEALL 31 00 3A 00 2F BY 00 00 3A 00 2F
    ADR 0
    REPLACEALL 30 3A 2F BY 00 3A 2F
    ADR 0
    REPLACEALL 31 3A 2F BY 00 3A 2F

- I then went back to the downloaded firware and dragged this into RGN tool again. This time I only exported the boot.bin and boot_fw.bin sections to the rgn file
    - Next, I opened the newly created .rgn in XVI32 and then copied the above scripts into the XViscript window and executed the script.
    - Finally, I saved this modified .rgn and programmed it to the unit
    - Sucess, I could then talk to the unit via USB!

There were some corrupted files on the unit that were empty but locked.
    - I took the bold step of re-formatting the Nuvi USB drive (remember I had a backup of the original firmware) and copied the original firmware back to the unit. CAUTION - This seems to have caused me to loose my maps.... I guess they are hidden files that I did not back up - DOH. I have new maps on SD card anyway but pls don't do what I did and format your USB drive without ensuring you have the maps backed up
    - Next, I took the firmware that I downloaded form garmin, converted it to .rgn and programmed this into the Nuvi via update.exe
    - I then ran webupdate and updated the unit to the latest firmware.

- Finally, turned the unit off, removed the USB cable and re-booted.

SUCCESS - Unit is now working and I will NEVER use the "my dashboard" update again!

Thanks to all who provided various snippets on info on this website! Hopefully this may be useful for someone!
    Last edited by ali40; 14th July 2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: oops - seem to have lost my maps!

Important User Nuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin Logo
    Nuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin Logo

thank for the addition
    to the infos posted here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    and
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

ali40

Does anyone know how to get my maps back after managing to loose them (see red text in post 2 above this one)? I assume there is no way to do this. It's not a huge deal as I purchased updated maps on SD card anyway but would be nice to know if this can be done.....

Important User Nuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin Logo
    Nuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin LogoNuvi 1310 stuck on Garmin Logo

in your MyGarmin page you can redownload original maps till the expiring date,
    usually one year ,or you can download some here on Noeman and unlock them.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Ali40

Your solution help solve my 1350 US reboot loop from bad map in map folder as well.

Thanks