Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    mrsparkle1811

Smile Help needed with missing files for Nuvi 1490T

I have just purchased a Nuvi 1490T in Australia. The first thing I did when I took it out of the box was to back it up. During the backup process, I accidentally deleted the files off my Nuvi and destroyed my backup. My .System folder is still there and the device still works apart from missing keyboards including uppercase.

I have used WebUpdater to recover nearly everything except for the following folders:

Help
    Keyboards
    Text

I am also missing the following files:

.VolumeIcon
    nuvi_drive
    autorun

Is it possible for someone to provide a zip of these files for a 1490T? I have contacted Garmin support and they have not responded as yet.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Help needed with missing files for Nuvi 1490T
    Help needed with missing files for Nuvi 1490THelp needed with missing files for Nuvi 1490THelp needed with missing files for Nuvi 1490THelp needed with missing files for Nuvi 1490THelp needed with missing files for Nuvi 1490THelp needed with missing files for Nuvi 1490THelp needed with missing files for Nuvi 1490T

I moved it in main Discussions section, coz it will be more visible, I hope our users will help
    good luck!
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

mrsparkle1811

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    I moved it in main Discussions section, coz it will be more visible, I hope our users will help
    good luck!
    Thanks......I appreciate it.

Kanopus

Contents of this directories can be downloaded by Webupdater, depending on records contained in file \Garmin\GarminDevice.xml. For example record for keyboards are looks like that:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    You can edit GarminDevice.xml. If you change version from 3.0 to 1.0, WebUpdater will download keyboards again. You can do the same for other zip files in GarminDevice.xml.

mrsparkle1811

Quote Originally Posted by Kanopus View Post
    Contents of this directories can be downloaded by Webupdater, depending on records contained in file \Garmin\GarminDevice.xml. For example record for keyboards are looks like that:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    You can edit GarminDevice.xml. If you change version from 3.0 to 1.0, WebUpdater will download keyboards again. You can do the same for other zip files in GarminDevice.xml.
    That worked! I can now see the various files in WebUpdater ready for download. Thanks so much for your help.