Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Missing postcodes for Wales UK

Hi all,
    I could do with a little help. I’ve got a Nuvi 310 but the postcodes for Wales UK have always been missing. Even when I load new maps the postcodes are still missing. So my question is; are the postcodes incorporated in the maps or is there a separate postcode file required like the TomToms?

Cheers Waterman

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert Missing postcodes for Wales UK
    Missing postcodes for Wales UKMissing postcodes for Wales UK

No separate postcode file necessary. If you select a POI and check the properties in Wales, any postcode showing up?
    Like Burger King in Cardiff, shows Postcode CF3 6

Thanks for the reply tom1807. Yes your correct, I've had a look at the POI & Cardiff area is listed, but for some reason if I enter the postcode CF3 6 in the address search the postcodes aren't reconised & Cardiff for the city is not listed, this is the same for Newtown Powys postcode SY16 2DW where I have started to do a lot of work, I have the maps for these areas just can't do a address search. This was a company Garmin so can these devices be locked to certain areas?

Again thanks for helping.

Navigation software expert Missing postcodes for Wales UK
    Missing postcodes for Wales UKMissing postcodes for Wales UK

Do you have the selection for Postcode? Which Firmware version is on it?
    According to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], with FW 3.60 was this fixed:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    There is a slight chance that the Nuvi 310 doesn't support this anymore.
    In a German forum a user reported this Problem with CN Europe 2011.10 and Germany.
    So possible, with the latest maps the Nuvi doesn't support this anymore. Maybe you can check with Garmin

Hi tom1807, thanks for the reply. I updated to SW version 5.20 in the last couple of days. I notice this problem last October with the City Navigator Europe NT 2008 UK & Ireland, this would have been on the old Firmware. I'll give Garmin a call but it looks like a new unit is required.

Again thanks for your help.

Cheers Waterman