Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
    Ex Staff Member

Default Three steps to map heaven

Three steps to map heaven

I’m not going to show all the links & examples of the necessary actions below as they are already well documented and detailed elsewhere but there are basically just three steps to getting your new map(s) up & running.

1. Maps/premium speed cams/premium celebrity voices

Each and every map/premium speed cam/premium celebrity voice needs to be activated/c racked by using one of the c racking/patching tools to add a new meta.dct file (AND a new tmeta.dct file for the Truck map) to your map folder and/or voices folder, which will be unique to YOUR device.
    Look at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    before asking for help, paste YOUR current configuration into your help request.

2. Navcore (application/software)

Each navcore will need to be patched to recognise your new c racked/patched map(s)

2a) If you use a map which is compatible with the correct & current navcore then you can use one of the c racking/patching tools to create/overwrite the ttsystem file in the root of your SD card or internal memory.

Remember, if you change the navcore or update it through TTHome then you will need to patch that new navcore as above.

2b) If you want an incompatible map/navcore configuration because you want a different map or different navcore because you like the pretty colours or like the later GUI etc then you need to use an SE or other pre-patched navcore.

3. TomTom Home

To be able to use TTHome in emulation mode (Operate my Go) to pre-plan journeys etc then you will need to patch the TTHome .dll.
    When you first run TTHome with your new navcore it will download a new .dll file. Once that’s done you can THEN patch that .dll to enable TTHome to see your device correctly.

Remember, if you change the navcore then you will need to patch that new TTHome .dll as above.

Note this TTHome emulation is only “partially” available for the Work/Truck-specific navcores so you cannot fully run this emulation mode in TTHome for these navcores.

One more thing to note (actually two things) to take into account IF you are using an SDHC card and that’s that you use an SDHC campatible card reader (some of the older ones do NOT read/write to these cards) and that you use a suitable bootloader (system file) the minumum which is version 5.5012

Thanks to biggerdave

The latest version of FastActivate to patch your Navcore and activate your map(s), voice(s) and so on can be found [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - always update in the first post!
    Last edited by P33dro; 12th August 2012 at 12:02 AM.

2.    Advertissements

TomTom Expert Three steps to map heaven
    Three steps to map heaven

For anybody asking more, it's all here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by biggerdave; 23rd March 2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Please do not post "thanks" but use the "reputation" star(*) bottom/left or "like" bottom/left buttons
    S i m p l e s

PS If you find any dead links on MY posts please pm me & I'll try to fix/reload