Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by syzygy View Post
    Guess not. The code in the bin file receives GPS coordinates from the GPS chipset directly and if the coordinates are not in China territory the code has no effect. So you have to be in China to test the code, unless you know how to modify the code to respond to coordinates in your area.

I believe Tom mentioned about the bin file, not ISM.IDX. Also, I don't quite understand what do you mean by Junction/Intersection change. Could you post a before and after screen capture for comparison? Thanks.

Before

After

2.    Advertissements

Important User Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11
    Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11

May you tell me the difference between the new map update and the previous March release ?
    I compared them and it seems the gmapprom.img is the same, same size,header date and version.
    May be something new in additions files ? If yes which type contains them ?
    thanks
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

syzygy

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    May you tell me the difference between the new map update and the previous March release ?
    I compared them and it seems the gmapprom.img is the same, same size,header date and version.
    May be something new in additions files ? If yes which type contains them ?
    thanks
    There are 6 versions of map installer in the new release. Direct download links are:

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    And here are the major files and their sizes in each installer.

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    The gmapprom.img in type1 to type4 is the same map as the one leaked in March. The gmapprom.img in type5 and type6 is the same map but its CRC32 checksum is different from the map in type1 to type4 although all have the same size.

Several kinds of JCV files with different resolutions are used in the installers. JCV files with the same size have the same content.

Type 5 and type6 are almost the same except type 5 has additional ASR files, apparently for 3790T.

There are 6 versions of map installer in the new release. Direct download links are:

Type 5 and type6 are almost the same except type 5 has additional ASR files, apparently for 3790T.

May i ask whay is the ASR files for?

Navigation software expert Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11
    Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11

Amazing post, having direct links for China is really great
    Quote Originally Posted by ander7724 View Post
    May i ask whay is the ASR files for?
    Speechrecognition

Important User Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11
    Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11Venus Series City Navigator China NT CHS 2011.11

There are 6 versions of map installer in the new release. Direct download links are.....

Thanks syzygy, wonderful, maps are big, better to give exact instructions before posting links and chinese is a bit hard for me Thanks Sosaw forum
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

It's not clear to me if ISM.IDX contains any shifted data that needs to be corrected or not. Judging by its extension IDX, I guess it should contain indices for searching purpose only and needs no correction.

If you have an official Garmin China device, you certainly can choose to install the official map or the Venus (optionally with QSI and ISM) map. Just need to make sure the shift adding feature provided by the bin file is or is not activated respectively. For all other devices, Venus map (without QSI and ISM) is the only choice left for China NT map.

I just guess from the result plans and its names:
    1. idx = index = properties , relationship and namespace alias
    2. Any kind of alias must have a way to locate unique GPS record/mark. And vice versa.
    3. Venus maps has unreliable distant-trip plan ---> such kind of coordination and alias seems less valid.
    4. if the shifted GPS marks are used by aliases and their indexes, it might be impossible to offer a Venus version. In such a case precondition #1-2 ( #2 might be a false one) in this case might not be satisfied.-- e.g., for multi-connected points in several blocks , which are already orphan OR folded in Venus, their relationships and properties are already broken . Even their namespace aliases are consistent with corrected GPS marks, it will not work any more.

And for this reason and this result, inter-blocks {route} Mechanism is hard to rebuild in Venus.

Above is not based on any kind of research as syzygy has already done. I just tried to discuss this possibility in viewpoints of database and data structures --- could be nonsense as well.

Ander:
    junction=crossing query
    Intersection might be detailed address ( street, bld. number ) query. I have no such a device, try yourself.
    Last edited by betahash; 15th April 2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: logically speaking, it might be folded in Venus

And in addition to my latest post, some new relationships are incorrectly built in Venus (if Venus FOLDED related blocks) , and some old ones (not , or not fully isolated ) are kept fortunately. That is why you could get Venus working in a distant-trip plan (or, multi-blocks/sections routing plan) , but USUALLY it would not be so good as you have expected.
    Last edited by betahash; 15th April 2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: folder effects in venus

Quote Originally Posted by tom1807 View Post
    Speechrecognition
    I assume that if it can be use with 3790SG/MY unit, it will recognize voice command in chinese OR the voice command(english) will be available when using this china map?

syzygy

Quote Originally Posted by betahash View Post
    I just guess from the result plans and its names:
    1. idx = index = properties , relationship and namespace alias
    2. Any kind of alias must have a way to locate unique GPS record/mark. And vice versa.
    3. Venus maps has unreliable distant-trip plan ---> such kind of coordination and alias seems less valid.
    4. if the shifted GPS marks are used by aliases and their indexes, it might be impossible to offer a Venus version. In such a case precondition #1-2 ( #2 might be a false one) in this case might not be satisfied.-- e.g., for multi-connected points in several blocks , which are already orphan OR folded in Venus, their relationships and properties are already broken . Even their namespace aliases are consistent with corrected GPS marks, it will not work any more.

And for this reason and this result, inter-blocks {route} Mechanism is hard to rebuild in Venus.

Above is not based on any kind of research as syzygy has already done. I just tried to discuss this possibility in viewpoints of database and data structures --- could be nonsense as well.

Ander:
    junction=crossing query
    Intersection might be detailed address ( street, bld. number ) query. I have no such a device, try yourself.
    My understanding of an index is: it is a key that helps the associated search algorithm to find the queried item quicky, without going through each item one by one. An index normally contains search key related data and pointers only, not all data of the queried item.

For example, a telephone book sorted by last names may provide you with an index table that maps A, B, C (keys) to the page number (pointers) of the first page containing last names starting with A, B, C respectively. You will not find a person's first name, address or phone number in the index table. Because of this, even if you update a person's phone number you don't need to update the index table. The same search algorithm will work just fine.

Now, treat the road name, ISM.IDX and coordinate as the last name, index table and phone number of the example above respectively. To search an address or junction, you will go through the index table ISM.IDX. Once you find it, you can look up additional info like coordinates and road side of the matched item. But like a phone book, correcting a coordinate will require no changes to the index table ISM.IDX and the same search algorithm will work just fine.

If there are route planning or routing issues, they should come from somewhere else, especially the NET and NOD subfiles. I would not think the ISM.IDX subfile is the culprit to cause wrong route planning and routing.