Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All R R

Default How to get a Bluechart Map in Mapsource

Hello everybody,
    I'm reading this forum now for 10 days and have learned a lot. Now I've a question.

I've a Bluechart map Adriatic Sea North XEU452S. It is a not locked img file called "gmapsupp.img".
    Stored on my USB-stick in a map "Garmin" I can view the map in Homeport on my PC.
    Now I want to use this map in my GPSMAP 278, so I want to copy the map to a Garmin Data Card (not a SD-card).

How can I do this? With Homeport or Mapsource or a other program?

I've a Garmin Data Card Programmer that is visible in Mapsource and Homeport, but I believe my Bluechart Map is not visible in Mapsource.

Is there a way to view the Bluechart Map in Mapsource so I can copy it to the Garmin Data Card using Mapsource?

2.    Advertissements

Vip Master How to get a Bluechart Map in Mapsource
    How to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in Mapsource

Have you tried with GMapTool?
    Select the .img-file and split, create files for Mapsource. I am sure there is a good description somewhere in the forum.
    I have not done this with a Bluechart map but it is worth a try, nothing to loose. Has worked fine with other maps for me.

Important User How to get a Bluechart Map in Mapsource
    How to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in Mapsource

Quote Originally Posted by All R R View Post
    Hello everybody,
    I'm reading this forum now for 10 days and have learned a lot. Now I've a question.

I've a Bluechart map Adriatic Sea North XEU452S. It is a not locked img file called "gmapsupp.img".
    Stored on my USB-stick in a map "Garmin" I can view the map in Homeport on my PC.
    Now I want to use this map in my GPSMAP 278, so I want to copy the map to a Garmin Data Card (not a SD-card).

How can I do this? With Homeport or Mapsource or a other program?

I've a Garmin Data Card Programmer that is visible in Mapsource and Homeport, but I believe my Bluechart Map is not visible in Mapsource.

Is there a way to view the Bluechart Map in Mapsource so I can copy it to the Garmin Data Card using Mapsource?
    You need addional infos to see it in mapsource :
    Open GMapTool
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

I wanted to install a G2 Vision chart in Mapsource. Followed the instructions, and all seemed to go well as files where created in the new directory I created. But when I doble-click on the install.bat file I get the following error:

================================
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Garmin G2V Chart\Maps for
    rce>echo off
    -
    -
    - This batch will install map for Mapsource
    -
    - Map: "G2 Vision Caribbean"
    - FID: 2028
    - PID: 0
    -
    - Press Enter to continue or Ctrl-C to abort.
    -
    Press any key to continue . . .
    Compiling preview map.
    'cgpsmapper' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    File missing: mapset.img, aborting install.
    Press any key to continue . . .

According to the error it appears the cgpsmapper.exe file seems to be missing from the directory. Not sure if I need to get this file somewhere else beforehand and copy it into the directory, or should it been created with the rest of the files.

Also, it seems "File missing: mapset.img" is another problem. All the img files I see in the directory are in "08266869.img" format (8 numbers plus the img extension, 47 files in total), and one "8679424_mdr.img file. Also, there is no "mapset.img" file per se. I only see a mapset.mdx, mapset.mp, and mapset.tdb files (besides the install/uninstall bat files).

Another question is in regards to the "FID" of the map to be entered in the Gmap tool , should I use "2028" as shown in the example, or do I need to look for the number that corresponds to my specific map? If so, how or where can I find this number?

Thanks in advance for any help.

marxer

@catymag - 2 questions:

1. After you install a marine map in Mapsource following the procedure you described, is there a way to switch the symbols to the IALA standard (in Mapsource that is)? It looks like Mapsource displays the NOAA symbols after the gmaptool conversion.
    2. Would you know where the tide data is? Seems like gmaptool only creates the main map but not the tidal one.

Thanks for your answer.
    Rgds.,
    Last edited by marxer; 30th January 2011 at 11:25 PM.

Never mind, I found the missing information here:

Hope this helps others that land on this thread for the same reason I did.

Important User How to get a Bluechart Map in Mapsource
    How to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in MapsourceHow to get a Bluechart Map in Mapsource

Quote Originally Posted by gpshacker123 View Post
    I wanted to install a G2 Vision chart in Mapsource. Followed the instructions, and all seemed to go well as files where created in the new directory I created. But when I doble-click on the install.bat file I get the following error:

Compiling preview map.
    'cgpsmapper' is not recognized as an internal or external command....

Another question is in regards to the "FID" of the map to be entered in the Gmap tool , should I use "2028" as shown in the example, or do I need to look for the number that corresponds to my specific map? If so, how or where can I find this number?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Install cGPSmapper free version, GmapTool will recognize it in your system-
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Every map is identified by its own FID, The one in the screen is just an example-
    Every map thread posted contains infos about map FID, alternatively look here
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thank you. I have still a lot to learn, but you have been most helpful.

federicodamico

Guys I have a question. How is it possible that all the procedures (split with Gmaptool, run install.bt, open in Mapsource) are exaclty the same in two different pcs (xp sp2 and xp sp3) but the xp sp2 is working and the xp sp3 is not? I followed the procedure so many times..I am getting crazy..could you please suggest me a solution? thanks

WknThDg

After BlueChart g2 Vision maps are installed so MapSource can view them, you can also use BaseCamp to.

When viewed with BaseCamp v3.1.3, the whole chart is displayed as a satellite image now.
    This change probably occured starting with BaseCamp v3.0.1, as that's when satellite imagery was enabled because of the addition of BirdsEye then.

BaseCamp used to instead show shaded relief on both land and water like HomePort does.
    Depths, their contour lines and buoy colors are now also included.
    MapSource v6.16.3 shows shaded relief on both land and water like HomePort does and the older version of BaseCamp.

Using the latest BaseCamp v3.1.3, the same chart will now show as in the pic below (this is built into the map & BirdsEye is not used):
    8Czax

The older versions used to show them as in the pic below:
    6px4zc

Back on 15-02-2010 11:32 PM, I posted different views of this same chart using several of Garmin's software products (older versions) in the post below: