Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps update to 111003

This thread will be used for MalFreemaps 2011 release

MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps from V.110103 to v.11xxxx

Release 1: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Release 2: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Release 3: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

For older release, please refer to this thread:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

MalFreemaps

NEW IMPROVEMENTS ON MFM-GARMIN
    1.Link to Navnet map in Kalimantan
    2.Coverage of Southern Thailand
    3.Optional Chinese POI
    4.Improved SG Postal Code & Address map with instant search result
    5.New POI icons
    6.New POI categories with custom icons (soon)
    7.New MFM map generator with option to generate either Full or Lite version
    8.Coloured topo polygons are added into Full-version map
    9.New multi-language installer
    10.No more error when uploading map through Mapsource
    Please refer to new features page for additional info.

SPECIAL FEATURES
    MFM maps are easily distinguished from other maps due to our special features:
    •Custom POI icons
    •POIs are visible during navigation
    •Attractive colors for area compound
    •Different color scheme for day and night
    •Improved "keep left/right" guidance at complex junctions
    •Announcements of U-turns whenever possible (since v1.50)
    •Improved recalculation sensitivity (since v1.50)

Free Garmin Mapsource Mapset Manager

ezMS is a mapset manager for Mapsource. ezMS simplify the registration of your maps into Mapsource. A "Custom" creation option is also available for more advanced Mapsource users.

HOW TO USE
    1. Download and install ezMS
    2. Double-click on the ezMS icon to run it
    3. The main screen list your current Mapsource mapsets. Select any one of them to edit or uninstall.
    4. To add a new mapset, click "New"
    5. Select the maps to include in your new mapset and then name your new mapset.
    6. Click "Create Mapset" to begin the process
    7. Click "Yes" to confirm and then wait for the process to complete

Free GPX/KML to Garmin Map Converter

Convert your tracks and waypoints in GPX format or Google maps objects into a Garmin map within 2 simple steps. ezIMG makes instant personal maps for you without the hassle of learning how to map with GPSMapedit.

HOW TO USE
    1. Download and install ezIMG
    2. Double-click on the ezIMG icon to run it
    3. Select your GPX (Garmin track/waypoint) or KML (Google Earth track/waypoint) file
    4. Name your map
    5. Select "Yes" to convert into Garmin map. Wait for the process to complete
    6. Done.
    Last edited by heuristic; 17th January 2011 at 04:36 PM.

2.    Advertissements

This is the Free West Malaysia Garmin Custom POI:

Release 1: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This is the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This is the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

West Malaysia Garmin Custom POI

Stratman2's road junctions on national/state roads v2.5
    Stratman2's sharp & dangerous road bends v1.5
    Stratman2's MY red light camera v1.7 & SG red light camera v091216
    Stratman2's speed trap v3.8 - Updated
    Stratman2's expressway rest area v5
    Stratman2's toll plazas v2
    Pgkent's Pasar Malam locations v2.09 - Updated
    Stratman2's school zones v1.6
    Feiming's railroad crossings v1.14
    Wamaula's accident areas v1
    Abdulrahmanbius's pasar tani v1.12 - NEW!

HOW TO INSTALL & USE

Download MFM-CPOI. Double-click on the downloaded file to start running it.
    After the license page, select the folder of your Nuvi drive or external storage card containing Mobile XT. Ensure your path is <drive letter>:\Garmin\POI.
    At the Select Component page, select "Nuvi 200/205 series (WAV audio)" if you have a Garmin Nuvi 200 or 205 GPS. Select Other Garmin models (MP3 audio)" if your Garmin device can support MP3.Select "Other MobileXT (no audio)" if you are using MobileXT or you prefer not to have any audio prompt.
    Check on the Custom POI set you wish to upload to your device
    Click <Install> to start file copy
    To check if your installation is successful, switch on your Garmin device. Press "Where to?", then the down arrow, then "Extras". Press "Custom POIs".

FREQUENT QUESTIONS

Can I use this map if I have another brand of GPS or navigational device?
    No. MFM custom POI current is for Garmin devices that supports this function only.

Will MFM-CPOI delete my other custom POIs?
    No. MFM-CPOI merely copies of update the custom POI (gpi) files. Deletion needs to be done manually.
    Does MFM-CPOI slows down my phone or Garmin device?
    Yes. Loading MFM-CPOI onto older phones and Garmin devices may cause significant screen refresh lags.
    Can I use MFM-CPOI with Garmin NT map or MSM map?
    Yes. However, the alert points may not be as accurate.
    How do I remove some or all the custom POI files?
    Connect you Garmin device to your PC. Go to the Garmin\POI folder. You can remove some or all .GPI files. If you are using a PDA or Symbian phone, use the file explorer and delete the GPI files from the Garmin\POI folder.

LIMITATION

Garmin Que does not support custom POIs
    Mobile XT cannot speak warning alerts. It can only sound warning tones

West Malaysia Topographic Garmin GPS Map

HOW TO USE
    Download MFM-SRTM.exe and install the map files into the folder where you have installed your MFM routable mapset. Our default folder is C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps. At the end of the installation, use the MFMTopo program to add the topo maps into your gmapsupp.img

COMBINING WITH MFM ROAD MAP
    MFM-SRTM Map is designed to complement MFM's routable road maps. To view topo contours together with MFM main maps, install MFM v1.51 or later first. When you install MFM-SRTM, select "Add-on to MFM main mapset" as installation type.

Users of Mapsouce 6.15.x or later will find erratic road display on areas where contour polygons overlap roads. Therefore combining MFM-SRTM with the maim MFM mapset is not recommended if you are using Mapsouce 6.15.x or later.

DATA SOURCE
    SRTM 90m digital elevation data version 4 from CGIAR-CSI. The original SRTM data released by USGS had been improved tremendously using new interpolation algorithms and better auxiliaty DEMs. The result is the elimination of most data voids or holes.

CONTOUR INTERVAL
    MFM's SRTM topo map comprises contours with 10m intervals. Intermediate contours are spaced at 100m and major contours at 500m. This may not conform to the guideline of intermediate contours being 5x and major contours 10x of regular intervals but I find this configuration best both in terms of display and map file size.

Also, contour lines start only after 100m. This removes contour lines from urban areas and saves a lot of map space. The topo map is a handy 25MB in size.

OPTION TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN TOPO MAP
    If you prefer your own topo map, you can compile your own using the Map ID of 60005010 or 60005020. Overwrite the original maps.

FREQUENT QUESTIONS

No. MFM map current supports only Garmin devices.

Can I combine MFM-SRTM with MFM road map?
    Of course!
    Can I combine MFM-SRTM with maps from Malsingmaps?
    You cannot view the topo lines and MSM maps together in Mapsource. MFM-SRTM can be made to work with MSM maps with some tweaking.
    Why does the contour polygons cover some roads in Mapsource?
    Mapsource is not designed to handle multiple layers of maps. It gets confused when maps overlap. Please follow these steps

Will contour polygons cover roads on my GPS device?
    No. Contour polygons will be in the background.

East Malaysia Topographic Garmin GPS Map

HOW TO USE
    Download MFM-SRTM-EMv100.exe and install the map files into the folder where you have installed your MFM routable mapset. Our default folder is C:\Garmin\Malfreemaps. At the end of the installation, use the MFMTopo program to add the topo maps into your gmapsupp.img

DATA SOURCE
    SRTM 90m digital elevation data version 4 from CGIAR-CSI. The original SRTM data released by USGS had been improved tremendously using new interpolation algorithms and better auxiliaty DEMs. The result is the elimination of most data voids or holes.

CONTOUR INTERVAL
    MFM's SRTM topo map comprises contours with 10m intervals. Intermediate contours are spaced at 100m and major contours at 500m. This may not conform to the guideline of intermediate contours being 5x and major contours 10x of regular intervals but I find this configuration best both in terms of display and map file size.

Also, contour lines start only after 100m. This removes contour lines from urban areas and saves a lot of map space. Even without contour lines below 100m, the topo map is still 78MB in size.

OPTION TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR OWN TOPO MAP
    If you prefer your own topo map, you can compile your own using the Map ID of 60005110 or 60005120 or 60005130. Overwrite the original maps.

FREQUENT QUESTIONS

No. MFM map current supports only Garmin devices.

Can I combine MFM-SRTM-EM with MFM road map?
    You can combine them into a gmapsupp.img over 100MB is size but it is recommended that you use a different Garmin map file name for MFM-SRTM-EM
    Can I combine MFM-SRTM-EM with maps from Malsingmaps?
    You cannot view the topo lines and MSM maps together in Mapsource. MFM-SRTM-EM can be uploaded together MSM maps using Mapsource.
    Last edited by heuristic; 11th January 2011 at 04:35 PM.

k3rr

is this map include this 4 place?

Member +

does it have any jvc?

and compare to malsingmap v5.06, which one is more up-to-date?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k3rr View Post
    is this map include this 4 place?
    what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by fracessco10 View Post
    does it have any jvc?

and compare to malsingmap v5.06, which one is more up-to-date?

Thanks
    this version does not include junction view. it is more up-to-date than malsingmaps

updated on 17 January 2011

aekhong

Default MSM :: Lane info.

If you like to know which lane (Lane info) , you may like MSM map.
    eyhih5imi7xruyr3ze

And wait to see MSM jcv.

Important User MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps update  to 111003
    MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps update  to 111003MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps update  to 111003MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps update  to 111003MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps update  to 111003MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps update  to 111003MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps update  to 111003MalFreeMaps Malaysia, Singapore, Borneo,Thailand Maps update  to 111003

update
    MFM-Garmin 1100307

Release date: 7 March 2011
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

TheDdarkey

Bro, why dont u post the download links in megaupload bcoz I am unable to download in Fileserve.. Please respond a.sa.p!