Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0

Default How to View VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on a PC?

I just want to view this VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on my PC.
    It seems like it's possible but I haven't been able to figure it out. I have spent half a day reading tutorials and downloading different programs and files.

The tutorials are obviously not meant for novices. They are full of abbreviations and unexplained steps. The author's native language must be something other than English.
    Almost every tutorial the Author leaves a step or two explained with only the smallest amount of description possible assuming everyone knows what he means.

So here is what I think needs to be done to view this map.
    Download and unzip the the Rar files. This gives me a img file.- I have this done
    I will need to unlock this image file.- I have not tried this yet.
    Split the file with GMap Tool - Tried this but I couldnt figure it out.
    Open and view the split file using Homeport.
    Oh wait Mapsource is also needed for something.
    Downlaod Mapsource from Garmon's website
    Download Patch file
    Replace a exe file in the garmin file with patch file. Which I can't figure out how to do.

I know my lack of knowledge is making this way harder than it should be.
    Can someone break these steps down a little better for me so I can get headed in the right direction?

2.    Advertissements

find Home Port on this site and you will be able to view all the new 3d maps

load home port as directed on this site

then copy the VUS010R file to an sd card put it in your computer sd card reader, it will come up in home port (it must be *****3ed also to the sd card)

then view no need for Mapsource that way
    Last edited by Thefatboy; 1st January 2011 at 12:10 PM.
    Happy it sunny Thailand

Important User How to View VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on a PC?
    How to View VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on a PC?How to View VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on a PC?How to View VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on a PC?How to View VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on a PC?How to View VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on a PC?How to View VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on a PC?How to View VUS010R-Southeast Florida V10.50 G2 Vision Map -Garmin on a PC?

The tutorials are obviously not meant for novices. They are full of abbreviations and unexplained steps. The author's native language must be something other than English.
    Almost every tutorial the Author leaves a step or two explained with only the smallest amount of description possible assuming everyone knows what he means.
    from this thread :
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    "You cant see Bluechart G2 and BlueChart® g2 Vision in Mapsource, you need Homeport to see them on pc-
    copy any Bluechart G2 img in an sd and insert it in your pc, Bluecharts G2are made for SDs-

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]"
    more infos
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    and from Ballebar following post:
    "
    About Garmin HomePort

It's possible to view as many marine IMG files as you have room for on your memory card or USB stick.
    HomePort detects maps from the path "[X]:\Garmin\*.img". The file name(s) might be something like "VPC410S.img" instead of the common "gmapsupp.img".
    If there's also a "[X]:\Garmin\GarminDevice.xml" file there could be IMG files in paths like "[X]:\.System\*.img" and "[X]:\Map\*.img" depending on the GarminDevice.xml structure."

All other explainings about how to use Garmin Homeport are obviously in
    Homeport thread (above link)

What's wrong in our english?
    I think many users dont read tutorials and find easier to post here and ,I can add , without reading GPS section rules too: posting in wrong section and not adding a post in related tutorial threads-
    Thread moved in discussions section-

Edit :I forgot this one you probably havent read
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Just copying it to USB stick did not work.
    I had to put it inside a Folder titled Garmin to get it to work.

I agree that a lot of people post without trying to figure it out first. I did try, I read through all of the tutorials.
    Your English is not bad, but not perfect either. The combination of the things I listed in my first post was just too much for me to overcome.
    Thanks for your help.