Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Important User Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test mode
    Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test mode

favourite Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test mode

Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery

cf md

Use BirdsEye Satellite Imagery test images with BaseCamp

•High-resolution sub-meter color satellite imagery captures the world in brilliant clarity and detail.

•Allows you to layer the Garmin vector maps on your handheld (such as TOPO 100K, TOPO 24K or City Navigator®) with BirdsEye Satellite Imagery for a real-life view of roads, buildings and terrain.

•Makes it easy for hunters to perform preseason scouting, determine placement of stands and locate game pinchpoints.

•Helps hikers and campers find trails/trailheads and clearings for camping areas.

•Lets geocachers determine the terrain type around a cache and identify parking areas close to the caches.

•Allows travelers to view tourist hot spots and landmarks from an aerial view to make excursions memorable without getting lost.

more infos

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

INSTRUCTIONS

It's a xml ,you need to
    Spoiler: CLICK
    put it on pendrive or SD in cardreader into directory \Garmin. Then start BaseCamp. On first start it ask about creating BirdsEye Imagery, you must say "no"because it needs a subscription.
    Spoiler: CLICK

Then you can download test images using menu tools->get BirdsEye...

set the resolution before downloading

BirdsEyes GarminDevice.xml.zip (2 KB)
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by catymag; 19th June 2010 at 01:48 AM.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

VIP Master Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test mode
    Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test mode

Hi CatyMag.

THANK YOU... I was hoping someone would figure this out.

But how to use ?

Do we D/L the file, unzip it, and just copy it to the Garmin Folder on the device ?

Important User Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test mode
    Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test mode

read instructions in my post please
    if you have basecamp patched you can put it probably in any drive in a garmin folder
    Last edited by catymag; 20th June 2010 at 01:21 AM.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

How can I to get more files .JNL from BirdsEye Satellite Imagery? I renamed the Demo.jnl files, but do not works.

mohamedsaid

Hi,

I have a Garmin Oregon 550, and I was wondering if I can download several birds eye images and use them on my device; I haven't subscribed to the birds eye thingie.

Appreciate your help on this one.

Thanks,

Ballebar

Post New BirdsEye products - BirdsEye Select series

There's some new products to select from in BirdsEye when using BaseCamp v3.1.1.

BirdsEye products list:
    • BirdsEye Satellite Imagery Subscription
    • BirdsEye Select Deutschland
    • BirdsEye Select EIRE
    • BirdsEye Select France
    • BirdsEye Select GreatBrittain
    • BirdsEye Select Kompass - Austria - East Alps (Germany, Italy)
    • BirdsEye Select Kompass Switzerland

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It's only the "BirdsEye Satellite Imagery Subscription" that works for free test mode.

thanks very much for the explanation, i´ts very usefull

i have some dude about birdseye,

when ended the suscription the downloads satellite images to the device ( charging on licese period) will be usefull forever (no time limit) or only on license period?

the JNX files on SD can cute and paste to others devices?
    Last edited by EA1EF; 24th November 2010 at 10:53 PM.

Hi catymag;

I have followed the directions to this .xml file, I can view it on my SD card under /garmin (and now I put it in /Garmin/Birdseye folder - still does not seem to work!

I am able to load the image that i want onto Basecamp (newest version 3.1.2) but it will not let me load the full file on to my Oregon 450. It says no subscription and loads a small file - What is the xml file that you uploaded supposed to do?

I followed your instructions but it did not ask me anything on the "First Start" in relation to Birdseye Imagery (or anything at all) to say "no" to - could the lastest version of Basecamp be the cause?

If it was working could you load the full size "Test version"?

Thank you

Ballebar

@Blaze1234

Test mode means that it's just for test and demo of BirdsEye, nothing more.

You already have a BirdsEye compatible unit (Oregon 450) and don't need the "GarminDevice.xml" file from this thread. The provided file is for those with whatever Garmin unit that don't support BirdsEye and letting them see what BirdsEye are about in BaseCamp. Basically the "GarmnDevice.xml" file here is just to enable the BirdsEye menu in BaseCamp in the same way as Oregon, Dakota and similar devices does when connected to BaseCamp. Getting a subscription is required for full functioning mode on a compatible unit.

There's another thread about parsing and hacking the JNX file format. Unfortunately not too much activity from fellow forum members to help the thread starter.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

VIP Master Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test mode
    Garmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test modeGarmin BirdsEye Satellite Imagery -Test mode

So... no way to hack a subscription for Birdseye ?