Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Garmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage Mode

Hi all. I recently joined up to search for help with this problem, but so far have not had any luck.

I have successfully connected my garmin nuvi 1360 (Japan) to my pc in usb mode many times. one time when connecting windows asked if i wanted to scan and fix errors or ignore. I selected scan and fix (stupidly). since then, while i am occasionally successful, i am lucky if i can get the nuvi to connect via usb mode. it usually looks like it will boot into usb mode but then starts up in garmin mode. does anyone have any advice besides sending it back to garmin?

2.    Advertissements

Important User Garmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage Mode
    Garmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage Mode

try this:
    switch on your nuvi without the cable and let it boot up until it reaches the Where To? screen and the simulator must be off before you plug in the USB cable, then it will get into mass storage mode.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

I can't believe your solution was so easy. Thanks for your help catymag, it worked.

As an aside, do you know if there are any problems with allowing windows to scan and fix? or should i just ignore?

Thanks again.

Important User Garmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage Mode
    Garmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage ModeGarmin Nuvi1360 not connecting in Mass Storage Mode

All you have to do is a checkdisk and not a scandisk on the drive.
    "chkdsk M: /f" where M is the currently assigned drive letter.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600