Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Yes, you're correct. You can convert a 205w to 255w. The only difference is the model
    number. All the features are exactly the same. As for 215w, it has an added bluetooth function.

I live in Samutprakan (Srinakarin Road). If you're near, we can meet and I'll help you
    flash your unit. But first please check the version of your motherboard. Press the
    battery icon at the upper right of the unit for about 8 seconds, you'll be in the
    diagnostic mode. The board version is next to the unit model at the top of the screen.

Let me know what version is yours - S2, S3 or S4?
    Last edited by Earthkeeper; 26th September 2009 at 09:19 PM.

2.    Advertissements

The flashing instruction by Earthkeeper is very detials.

When I flashed my 255W, 265W, it was the similar steps as explain.
    Last edited by tik362; 27th September 2009 at 04:21 AM.

my unit is a 255w S3 board. I successfully flashed it to 2.7 last night. thanks for the flash package, nice and clean techniques.

Earthkeeper, I have another 255w (S2 board originally US FW) flashed to 2W series MalSing 2.7. Do you know the differences between the 2w series and 255w if both are Malsing 2.7 FW?

thanks

They both have the same features in SG/MY 2.7 but it is preferable to keep the 255w as is because you can get ecoroute when you flash to US/EU firmware.

How do you install multiple maps on a single SD card? I am trying so far without luck. The only one reconginsed is the on with the name gmapsupp.img what should I name the second map and matching .unl file?

The nuvi only supports a single map (gmapsupp.img) on the SD card. The rest you have to
    put on the unit memory. Alternatively, you can combine multiple maps onto a single gmapsupp.img file and put that in the SD card. You can use gmaptool for this.

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    This will create one gmapsupp.img for all 3 maps.

I flashed my 255W to 2.7 SqMy firmware and installed JVC files. now i will have to wait to find out if it works until my next trip to BKK.
    Is there a way to simulate this so i can tell if lane assist etc is working?

Try this:

Start N13 45.547 E100 32.551
    End N13 45.906 E100 32.895

Note that you've to test the JCV with a Thai TSM9 map. This is because the JCV that is
    available on this thread is meant for the Thai map. No one seems to have the English JVC file

As for lane assist, you've to test that with CNSEA4.5. It is mainly shown on the expressway.
    I don't have an exact coordinates for it.
    Last edited by Earthkeeper; 27th September 2009 at 10:34 AM.

Sadly no junction view, I even simulated a trip from the dusit to the airport. Highway view and lane assist appear on both maps now that I flashed to the SG/MY (following Eathkeepers excellent instructions) but still no junction view with the jvc file available on this site.

If anyone has the JVC for English tsm9 or cnsea4.5 a dl link would be greatly appreciated.

Important User Garmin Thailand Street Map v.9.0 (TSM9.0) Thai & Eng
    Garmin Thailand Street Map v.9.0 (TSM9.0) Thai & EngGarmin Thailand Street Map v.9.0 (TSM9.0) Thai & EngGarmin Thailand Street Map v.9.0 (TSM9.0) Thai & EngGarmin Thailand Street Map v.9.0 (TSM9.0) Thai & EngGarmin Thailand Street Map v.9.0 (TSM9.0) Thai & EngGarmin Thailand Street Map v.9.0 (TSM9.0) Thai & EngGarmin Thailand Street Map v.9.0 (TSM9.0) Thai & Eng

this is
    Garmin Thailand Street Map v.9.0 (TSM9.0) Thai & Eng thread please stay on topic
    thanks
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600