Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MIO Mio Spirit 6950 flash disk corrupted no USB connection

Hi!
    the Mio Spirit 6950 I have I can not reprogram it with the normal Mio installer since the USB can not be seen (SW corrupted in the Mio flash disk Samsung KLM4G1YEMD-B031 = 4GB disk with some partitions on it)
    So now time to try further, unlock, but where is this unlock 4900_unlock SD.rar?

Can I ever access this flashdisk again and try to do something like chkdsk /F on it if this SD unlock SW can access it.
    For this right moment the device is lost and lying here in front of my monitor
    Thanks guys.
    Even feel more lost since it is my first post in this forum while walking around with many many mio and navman devices, ok also magellan

2.    Advertissements

Member +

Hello,
    Try to connect with Mio Desktop:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Mauricioea

Quote Originally Posted by miohakker View Post
    the Mio Spirit 6950 I have I can not reprogram it with the normal Mio installer since the USB can not be seen (SW corrupted in the Mio flash disk Samsung KLM4G1YEMD-B031 = 4GB disk with some partitions on it)
    So now time to try further, unlock, but where is this unlock 4900_unlock SD.rar?...
    Do a Google search for the Mio Transfer Hack in order to see your internal drive. You can also look at MioPocket.
    Last edited by Boki; 1st July 2020 at 06:13 PM. Reason: quote shortened
    ALWAYS back up your device first before doing ANY editing!

Hi Mauricioea, as I described there is no USB connection possible since that USB SW from bootflash in the Mio wont load: disk corrupted in Mio, so need some other proc to get to the flash

Did you happen to make a backup of the flash?
    If so, provide the "device" file here.
    wtwaqAh
    •●» If you find any dead links on my posts please PM me & I'll try to fix/reload «●•

no, but I do have a working spirit 6970 can I take something from that? And what tools to backup the flash?
    So from the 6950 I have no flash backup
    Last edited by Boki; 2nd July 2020 at 09:57 PM. Reason: approved

No, you cannot, the information in the "device" file is different for each model of GPS MIO.
    I will try to get the information from the "device" file of the MIO Spirit 6950 on the web.

Edited:
    I think I already found, try this:

Spoiler: Method 1(Interface with TMC):

1. Download the interface [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    2. Extract with WinRar, in the folder "SD" there is a folder with the name SEEKER2_T600_EEU ".
    3. Rename the folder "SEEKER2_T600_EEU" to "TATA3_T5026".
    4. Copy the folder "TATA3_T5026" to an SD card, insert it into the GPS Mio and restart GPS.

or
    Spoiler: Method 2(Interface without TMC):

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

If you want to extract the flash (ROM) from the Mio Spirit 6970 to place it on the 6950, I think it is compatible, because they both have pretty much the same hardware.
    The process is a bit long and you must know what you are doing, my English is not good, I cannot give you the instructions.
    I know three programs (there are more) to run the WinCE ROM extraction process, I use NDumpCE, you must use the version for winCE6.0, if you're curious, here are for winCE6.0:
    Spoiler: NDumpCE6
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

Another widely used one, you can find here at 4pna.com:
    Spoiler: DiskRW
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

Beware of extracting the ROM, if you don't know what you're doing, don't do anything.
    Last edited by apolyps3; 3rd July 2020 at 01:28 AM.
    wtwaqAh
    •●» If you find any dead links on my posts please PM me & I'll try to fix/reload «●•

Thanks apolyps3! Question.... If I follow your description then I unpack the RAR file on the SD card. But then the root folder "/" has nofiles like autorun or something like that, just the mentioned folders with the content. Is that right? Since I did that and the device does not start from SD then.
    p.s. the Fat32 formatted SD card has 3 other folders from a dashcam: photos,videos and events from which I think it should not matter.

What is the capacity of your SD (in GB)?

...But then the root folder "/" has nofiles like autorun or something like that...
    I don't know if I understand what you says.
    If this disk / folder with the symbol "/" is in the SD, it will be some configuration created by the WinCE operating system.
    This is related to the device’s RAM and in practice is found at the root of the device.
    Take a picture of what's going on.
    ...other folders from a dashcam: photos,videos and events from which I think it should not matter...
    It doesn't matter for anything, it doesn't interfere in the process.
    wtwaqAh

Hello miohakker,

Do you still need help with your MIO device?