Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help Remove keyboard languages which are not required

- What is Device that you have problem with: OEM android headunit
    - What is device screen resolution: 1024x600
    - what is application (software) resolution in portrait and landscape mode (for Android)? Auto
    - Whether the device is rooted or not (for Android based devices)? device not routed
    - Which version of Android (Or WinCE) ? Android 9 pie
    - Which version of the navigation software, exactly? iGO World 9.18.27.736653 - 19.jun.2018
    - Where the navigation software is (internal / external memory)? internal memory
    - Which edition of maps and extras? Greece_TomTom_2019.06_190705 / standard voices (no TTS)
    - Whether the use of the skin (which)?? Default skin

Hi.
    Is there anyway to remove all the languages (and leave only 2) in the keyboard when you do an address search ? There are way to many languages to select which are not required by me.

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast Remove keyboard languages which are not required
    Remove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not required

Well, this is not really a problem.
    Languages are specific to software interface.
    To many keyboards? Default is only one, the choice does not mean a separate keyboard but a code layout.
    Do they bother you so much?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Well, it is annoying. When I am searching for an address or a poi I sometimes have to switch the keyboard language from Greek to English. When I do this I am presented with a lot of other unrequired languages (by me) and I have to scroll until I can find the English (qwerty) layout. Is it possible to remove the unrequired layouts and only leave the Greek and English one ?

Important User Remove keyboard languages which are not required
    Remove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not required

You can try this
    Spoiler: .

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

Thanks, that looks easy enough. Let me try it.

Remove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not requiredRemove keyboard languages which are not required

You didn't look in topic which I pointed out to you, right?

Zervdim has done just that what you want...
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

I did see your suggested thread and I even tried out the attached files but I don't seem to find anything that solves my problem. All it does is to add the Greek language to the program. I'm not looking for that, I want to remove the additional keyboard layouts that I dont use as in the photo..
    Spoiler: image
    b0d57fc449a779dc93d8b7d9abb5401f
    Last edited by Boki; 25th April 2020 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spoiler...

Because they are not in the lang file
    Are read from the system

What system, do you mean the Android system? I only have English and Greek keyboard layouts installed in Android

Member +

You must remove unnecessary entries from: data.zip/ui_nextgen/common/keyboard.ini