Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rusigor View Post
    Same connector for display and touch. If one of contacts fails - you'll face problems.
    Assuming - you have prob with touch, which can be as a result of faulty contact in connector.

I don't imagine how to check it up, but for sure - Touch has 4 contacts - you must check (use tester) contacts between all 4 contacts of touch to mainboard after connector. Hope you caught my mind...
    Sorry, i don't understand to you.
    Can you explain more?

2.    Advertissements

TomTom expert

Exactly what?

Quote Originally Posted by rusigor View Post
    Exactly what?
    As I have to do to check the touch.

""""I don't imagine how to check it up, but for sure - Touch has 4 contacts - you must check (use tester) contacts between all 4 contacts of touch to mainboard after connector. Hope you caught my mind...""""

TomTom expert

So, what misunderstanding there? To test if touchscreen wires connected to mainboard? Use tester to check up if circuits from touch-screen reaches mainboard - what the problem with understanding?

I have tried other screens and the touch still does not work.

I have also checked with the tester and nothing, there is continuity in all the pins.

I do not know what it could be .

TomTom Expert Help to repair screem conector
    Help to repair screem conector

May be time to scrap it & buy another device from eBay etc as the older NAV2 devices which we can still crack are getting cheaper as more & more are unsupported by TT?
    Please do not post "thanks" but use the "reputation" star(*) bottom/left or "like" bottom/left buttons
    S i m p l e s

PS If you find any dead links on MY posts please pm me & I'll try to fix/reload

Administrator Help to repair screem conector

OK you may of tested the Flexible Ribbon cable but how far back on the PCB did you go "this is where the real knowledge of PCB Artwork and tracks comes in " not saying you don't know but I have been an Electronics Tech since 1970 and the last thing I worked on was Boards containing 502 series devises and I still have my book containing ALL my series of 1206 devices.
    Enjoy the world of Electronic at Board level Service now it is replace the board and Techs have no idea how to really fix things. mmmm
    Can't see a link/attachment? Don't post asking why. Just 'Like' the post & hit F5:
    THE LIKE BUTTON IS NOW IN THE BOTTOM LEFT-hand CORNER - If you can't see the like button, then you're an Inactive Member
    Posts serving no purpose like thanks or to ask about links go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or are deleted, it's GPS Power policy.

Houch, what a shame, well at the end I give the issue as solved.
    I'll tie a thread to the tomtom and go to the bottom of the Cantabrian Sea.

Thank you all for the patience you have had with me, and it is a pity that the error can not be repaired.

Administrator Help to repair screem conector

I just realized what you meant about the Book of SMD components in your PM this is where I got them 15+yrs ago:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    1206 series they where and not cheap at the time.
    don't know if they are available like that now. But are lot cheaper .

On your pics they are 502 series smaller.

Your error maybe able to be fixed IF you are prepared to search deeper on the board "I feel it is connector related not PCB BUT worst case a Chip."
    But you must persist to eliminate all cases.
    That's what the Hobby is all about. Solving problems that the "Pros" can't or won't do because of costs.
    That is where you learn and become proficient in the trade "Is also why I have multiple trade Knowledge" and I have run out of fingers to count them.
    Mags
    Can't see a link/attachment? Don't post asking why. Just 'Like' the post & hit F5:
    THE LIKE BUTTON IS NOW IN THE BOTTOM LEFT-hand CORNER - If you can't see the like button, then you're an Inactive Member
    Posts serving no purpose like thanks or to ask about links go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or are deleted, it's GPS Power policy.

Do not worry, I gave it back to the owner saying he had no repair.

Even so, I will keep in mind what you decide for next occasions.

Thank you very much to all.