Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default TTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etc

Using Igo Nextgen with TTS speedcameras & traffic, all working OK.

How do I get the TTS warnings for Slippery Road, Sharp Left Curve etc instead of just the ding?

Is there a special format to ttspro.zip? Or is the configuration stored elsewhere.

Thanks,
    Last edited by MyDreamer; 21st August 2017 at 08:45 AM.

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast TTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etc
    TTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etc

Do you have a licence for FDS files?
    What device and software are you using?
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Igo version: iGO_Navigation_9.18.27.682862

I wasn't aware a different licence was required for the TTS "slippery road etc" to operate. Which file is it & I'll check?

TTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etcTTS: Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etc

Not for TTS, license is needed for FDS files (warnings) in general. Are you using FDS files? Or you have TT maps and their driver alerts?
    Maybe we're mistakenly dragging the story to the other side. Maybe they're just ordinary DRIVER ALERTS. Then you need to setup your sys file for them.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Don't have FDS files in the map folder; currently using HERE 2017 maps.

I have TTS working speedcameras and TTS speed limit warnings, but not the Sharp Left Curve, or Slippery Road warnings etc; these currently just ding so they are active but not TTS.

I guess it is about standard drivert alerts, but, to be sure:
    Post a pictures (in spoilers) of related situations, please.

OK, I'll post pictures from my drive home.

In the meantime, how are the DRIVER ALERTS set up in the sys.txt file?

I only know about this:
    [sound]
    ding_muted=1 ;
    alert_muted=0 ;
    [warning.driveralert.settings]
    warn_method=2 ;(2) visual and sound
    max_display_count=3 ;(3)
    show_timeout=5 ;(3)
    preactivate_distance=50 ;(100)
    use_timeout_for_duration=1 ;(0)
    show_vehicle_pictograms=1 ;(1)
    preshow_distance_cat0=200 ;corners?
    preshow_distance_cat1=200 ;lanes and overtake?
    preshow_distance_cat2=200 ;general?
    preshow_distance_cat3=500 ;traffic and crossing?
    show_cat0=1
    show_cat1=1
    show_cat2=1
    show_cat3=1
    warn_cat0=0
    warn_cat1=1
    warn_cat2=0
    warn_cat3=0

Quote Originally Posted by MyDreamer View Post
    Don't have FDS files in the map folder; currently using HERE 2017 maps.
    Do you have {matching to maps} FDA files? These are for "Driver Alert" and must be present. No sys.txt modifications are required. Just make sure all "Alerts" are set to TTS within program settings.

FDA files: United_Kingdom_HERE_2017.Q1_170224_(DA).fda is located in the maps folder.

Like I say, Igo identifies the Slippery Road, Sharp Curve etc and displays the icon on the screen and produces a ding; what I'm after is the TTS "Warning, slippery Road".

All alerts are set for Audio&Visual from within the program, how to I set the DRIVER ALERTS to be TTS and not just a DING?
    Last edited by MyDreamer; 21st August 2017 at 04:33 PM.