Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Member +

Default Chinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS mode

Hi guys,

i have a problem with my chinese 2 DIN radio/GPS unit.
    Here is the unit i have;

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Cores:Dual Core
    Digital Media Format:
    JPEG,DVD-R/RW,CD,WMA,Mp3,DVD-RAM,Mp4
    Din:Double Din
    Display Size:7"
    Special Features:
    Mobile Phone,MP3 Players,CD Player,FM Transmitter,Built-in GPS,Radio Tuner,Bluetooth,Touch Screen
    Brand Name:ALYVAT
    Interface:USB
    Max External Memory:32G
    Out Power:4*50W
    TF/Micro SD Slot:2
    Resolution:800*480
    Operating System:Windows Ce
    Model Name:VW-6501
    RAM:512MB
    ROM:512MB
    CPU:800MHZ
    GPS:support
    Canbus:Include
    Bluetooth:yes
    Steeling wheel control:support
    Special Features:DVD Player

Now everything works great except for the GPS, when i power the GPS it logs in ok from a micro sd card (IGO pimo 9.6.13.405512) supplied by the seller with all the maps everything is all good, when i try to exit then the unit gets stuck on the exit screen ( igo screen with the message on the bottom right ''Exit, please wait'') and never exits.
    My question is; could i be missing the command for exit in the syst file?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Here is the Sys.txt file
    Spoiler: sy s
    Code:
    Last edited by Boki; 10th May 2017 at 06:06 PM.

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast Chinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS mode
    Chinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS mode

Welcome to forum
    Your link to device is bad...but never mind
    I doubt it is software problem.
    Since all chinese devices coming with not original software , you can try with same version from forum, just to be clear if all files are OK.
    Regards
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Important User Chinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS mode
    Chinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS mode

I would try commenting out
    Code:
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

Master

If the unit has 2 completely separate "modes" (radio/navi), then sometimes it will just keep showing the navi exit screen in "navi" mode when exiting (usually, they disable the exit function completely). After exiting the nav app, if you press the physical "Navi" button, does it take you back to the radio mode? Also, on my 2DIN, if I exit the navigation app, I can just press in the middle of the screen to restart it. But, I don't think it's supposed to do anything different when exiting navigation since that navigation app is usually completely isolated in it's own OS. It's like there is 2 instances of the OS running - one for navigation and one for everything else - and you use the "Navi" button to switch between them.

Sent from my Vi10 Plus using Tapatalk

Chinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS modeChinese 2 DIN radio/GPS, will not exit GPS mode

I'm pretty sure the "2 OS'es" term is not correct. If the device is WinCE, it's ONE OS and it's WinCE. However, manufacturers may choose to run a "shell" that is locked and has to be modded to run other external proggy such as Nav. "Unlocking" is the term widely used. Cheap chinese made "clones" shouldn't have to be "unlocked" WinCE has ability to switch between different tasks (proggies running or pausing in background); perhaps that is what you mean.

Master

I'm honestly not 100% sure about the radio in question, but the radio that I have a lot of experience with (Rosen GM1010) sure seems to have 2 completely separate "instances" of the OS. For example, if I boot into WinCE on the "GPS side" (uses external SD card for GPS app, so I can replace GPS app binary with a file explorer and then get into WinCE), I cannot see any of the non-GPS related files or filesystems. The GPS and radio "sides" know nothing about each other and can't communicate with each other in any way whatsoever (you don't even hear GPS instructions unless you are in the GPS "mode". I believe the GPS-side OS is embedded on a '"daughter-card", along with the GPS radio and SD card interface (in fact the GPS SD card slot is wired directly to the GPS daughter card instead of the radio motherboard like the "media" SD slot). Also, if I bright up a task manager on the GPS "side", there are no other processes running - just the GPS app.

On the other hand, a newer Rosen model (GM1210) runs WinCE 6 and the GPS app and the rest of the radio functions are all running in a single OS (I can boot into WinCE and see both the GPS and non-GPS files. It's definitely only a single instance of the OS. I can see other processes from a task manager, etc...

So I think it depends on the exact radio. With the way his GPS exit screen stays there when he exits, it almost sounds like it's completely separate like the Rosen 1010... Just a guess though.

Be careful, not able to access filesystem doesn't mean separate OS's. It's possible that unit has basic embedded OS (not as powerful as WinCE) that provides the radio functionality (short of providing complex display of GUI) Then the WinCE is used as GUI (and provide Nav function) and interact (or switching) with radio embedded system. I know that some Nav proggy made for name brand unit such as Pioneer actually have ability to access specific radio functions (even car sensors) so there are settings in sys.txt that is ONLY valid for that system. Running two instances of WinCE's is very resource intensive and to be honest, I don't think developer would implement it because of additional complexity.

Back to topic at hand, I remember seeing some hocus-pocus code in android proggy that implement exiting (or more precise exiting key code); maybe it need to be "tweak" to work on WinCE to exit out of proggy (or WinCE) and return to radio.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 10th May 2017 at 08:47 PM.

Member +

Wow this was quick...here is the link, it should work, just highlight and click on go to.

Code:
    I will take out the command ;connection_enabled=2 tonight and see if this works, thanks osiris4isis

The unit does have 2 separate modes, when i have the gps on, the radio still works and i can adjust the volume and change stations, but i can not minimise the gps screen to go back to the radio screen or any other screen.

also when i set a destination, all works fine until i get to the end, then the unit will pop up a message ''exit map now'' and when i click on it the screen goes black. the only way to bring it back up is by disconnecting the power from the unit.

somehow the exit feature on the GPS is missing and its not going anywhere...

i have made a copy of the original files on my computer so i am willing and able to try any exiting key code if someone has any idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Boki_Srb View Post
    Welcome to forum
    Your link to device is bad...but never mind
    I doubt it is software problem.
    Since all chinese devices coming with not original software , you can try with same version from forum, just to be clear if all files are OK.
    Regards
    I will search for the software and give it a try. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    If the unit has 2 completely separate "modes" (radio/navi), then sometimes it will just keep showing the navi exit screen in "navi" mode when exiting (usually, they disable the exit function completely). After exiting the nav app, if you press the physical "Navi" button, does it take you back to the radio mode? Also, on my 2DIN, if I exit the navigation app, I can just press in the middle of the screen to restart it. But, I don't think it's supposed to do anything different when exiting navigation since that navigation app is usually completely isolated in it's own OS. It's like there is 2 instances of the OS running - one for navigation and one for everything else - and you use the "Navi" button to switch between them.

If i press on the navi again it restarts the navi mode
    Last edited by Boki; 10th May 2017 at 10:08 PM.

Take picture of the "exit map now" window/prompt. Archive up everything (except the contents directory) and post it to zippyshare.com and I'll look at it.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by newbeegps View Post
    If i press on the navi again it restarts the navi mode
    I'm not sure what the "Exit now" screen you are referring to. Ahh, wait, my guess is that it's the "Turn off" screen at the end of a route (which can and should be disabled on these types of units with the sys.txt entry below). Basically, you never want to actually "exit" the Primo app on this type of unit - it should *always* be up and running since it's running in it's own completely separate OS instance.

It may not be 2 instances of WinCE, but the GPS app is definitely running in it's own WinCE instance. I have no idea what OS the rest of the radio uses. At least that's how it is on the Rosen GM1010 - and your unit sounds like it's comparable.

Is this the screen you see? If so, you can disable it with this sys.txt setting (you can also just press the "Back" button to get rid of it):

Code:
    Spoiler: pic
    15af5c05611f58f5245883d6cdccd660

Last edited by Boki; 10th May 2017 at 10:05 PM.