Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    I. have seen many wince devices didn't like any of them. Again I am talking about LEGAL iGO.
    In my case, I use some car 2DIN units that run WinCE and Primo runs great on them. These units (Rosen DS-GM1010-P11, for example), were designed many years ago - but are still very useful (and cheap!). They are plug-and-play, OEM-look, DVD/Navigation 2DIN units that support all factory car functions (warning chimes, steering-wheel controls, XM, OnStar, etc) without any adapters needed (and add bluetooth, DVD, navigation, SD card slots, iPod connectivity, dual-zone, etc).

You literally remove the lame stock radio and install the Rosen and it's a HUGE upgrade - don't have to cut or splice a single wire. For some cars (like my Impala), Navigation was never offered as an option, so these units are great even though are pretty old and run WinCE. I'd prefer that they run Android, but you just can't find a comparable unit that runs Android. So, WinCE it is. :-)

Sent from my Vi10 Plus using Tapatalk

2.    Advertissements

Agree, jtrosky, but WinCE? For how long?
    New devices coming out? I don't think so.
    As for NavNGO, as long as they make maps that work on WinCE IGO/Primo, nothing wrong with WinCE.
    The moment NavNGo start making R4 or R5 maps only to be used with the newest IGO Android builds (like they did in the past with the R3 maps for IGO 8.3), IGO8 and Primo for WinCE will die by itself (as IGO 8.0 did).
    Future wil tell.

Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    I doubt TT and Garmin "feel" the impact of the sting, here are the reason why:
    1. Garmin and TT do not appeal to the savvy users of today which rely on their phone for everything. Hence they don't get any new market share.
    2. Garmin and TT makes money from "faithful" users which feel that their units are the best and nothing else. The "fan boy" mentality. Those people will stick with them regardless of their actions.
    True. But maybe not looking to reality and innovation. PNA's are out, smartphones are in and (almost) everyone has one, thus a GPS in his pocket. Then why keep on buying a new PNA? For keep on dying hard? Hmmm. Like elderly people keep watching black and white musicals with Fred Astaire that are colored in these days.

I would be pretty desperate (and at last resort) to use Google, there are so many better alternative (even *cough* Sygic is better)
    A.o. Waze, Here-we-go, Osmand, Mapsme, ... all getting better, are legal and free.
    Last edited by G-ulash; 1st May 2017 at 07:24 PM.

Important User Legal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGO
    Legal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGOLegal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGOLegal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGOLegal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGO

PNA still have it uses, and personally I have PNA running iGO8 that beat the crap out of Waze or Google running on android/iPhone; even give NextGen on android run for it's money. Ah, the PDA/PNA days where NNG hacking was starting (the golden age) The only thing that android have over PNA's is the price, I can get a 480x320 for $5 that rival any 480x272 PNA costing much more.

Those proggy may be free but they are crap compared to NNG/Navigon/Sygic(the older version). Case in point, my bro was using Waze (he swear on the accuracy of it) while I was trying to show him my NextGen, it routed him every way but the correct way. The look on this face was priceless.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

I. know syguc and nng guys are here on this forum too. This is a priceless RD. for them. So. please listen to. some of. what we write here... especially change your distribution policy.

Hope somebody with legal android will show up to. share his/her experience with IGO. NG

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    NOTICE: By no means I advise installing illegal software nor I support such actions. This is just for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. Please use my post in order to understand or learn something new. I am a proud owner of LICENSED NAVIGATION but just to satisfy my curiosity I test, read and research. Sharing illegal material is against the law.

Important User Legal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGO
    Legal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGOLegal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGOLegal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGOLegal - Licensed - Fully Functional iGO

And if NNG is listening, I would like them to sell map per states (maybe like $1 per quarter) or per regions (maybe like $5 per quarter) or entire US for $25 per quarter. I don't need to get states or countries I don't need. This will be affordable and prevent piracy.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

PNA still have it uses, and personally I have PNA running iGO8 that beat the crap out of Waze or Google running on android/iPhone; even give NextGen on android run for it's money. Ah, the PDA/PNA days where NNG hacking was starting (the golden age) The only thing that android have over PNA's is the price, I can get a 480x320 for $5 that rival any 480x272 PNA costing much more.
    Everyone his own preference.

Those proggy may be free but they are crap compared to NNG/Navigon/Sygic(the older version). Case in point, my bro was using Waze (he swear on the accuracy of it) while I was trying to show him my NextGen, it routed him every way but the correct way. The look on this face was priceless.
    Dito answer as before.
    Can't say about Waze, but at least they update maps (?) according to changed traffic situation within 24 to 48 hours. Mapmakers can't say that so whatever "proggy", sygic or NG, will end up the wrong wdirection in a one way street.
    And in the past, IGO as well as Primo were not that good in routing either. Strange detours and others issues forced many to examine the route on screen before driving. Forgotten?
    Anyway, google whenever not accurate, brought me home flawlessly yesterday. And the correct route too.

And if NNG is listening, I would like them to sell map per states (maybe like $1 per quarter) or per regions (maybe like $5 per quarter) or entire US for $25 per quarter. I don't need to get states or countries I don't need. This will be affordable and prevent piracy.
    +1
    And the same for Europe
    Last edited by G-ulash; 2nd May 2017 at 03:18 PM.

Great you brought up this issue, I bought igo navigation for iphone and android, both of them are offering outdated maps HERE 2015 Q3!!!! unlike Sygic people NNG isn't paying attention to end users .
    In my car I use igo primo and HERE 2016 Q4 downloaded from this forum and till now I can't use Igo nextgen wince, as the fully cracked version that doesn't require license still didn't appear.
    Really NNG are abandoning a good investment with end users compared to Sygic.

I never used igo navigation despite I bought it 11 months ago because of outdated maps, on my smart phone i prefer Sygic it has better graphics and utilities like HUD etc.
    Last edited by ahmedelfeky; 2nd May 2017 at 12:49 PM.

That is. my point exactly I. am. willing to. support NNG but I read opinions on Google play and. users are ranting about outdated maps etc. Hopefully NNG will fix this soon and they will get one more customer at least.

NOTICE: By no means I advise installing illegal software nor I support such actions. This is just for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. Please use my post in order to understand or learn something new. I am a proud owner of LICENSED NAVIGATION but just to satisfy my curiosity I test, read and research. Sharing illegal material is against the law.

There is an unknown Nav company called Desnav here is their website [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    They succeeded as marketing compared to Sygic and NNG, they have their own software which isn't good as Sygic or igo but they cover almost all operating systems Android (they have their app on play store) for wince 4.2, 5.0 and 6.0 as well.

What I like about these guys is that they did what NNG and Sygic can't do as follow:

1-Updated maps Naviteq 2016 Q3 or Q4.
    2-Run their software on any aftermarket Chinese devices (If you contacted Sygic or NNG they will ask you to talk to your underground Chinese nav manufacturer or check boring naviextras).
    3-They give 7 days trail serial for wince or Android so you can test their software.
    4-They cover all world maps.

What I don't like, is that their software is very poor and basic.

Finally, NNG and Sygic people if you are here can you please do like Desnav and I assure you will make a good revenue out of it.

It. is. unbelievable that company of this popularity, history and. size did. all the hard work in creating this amazing software but failed at the distribution side. Even maps updates are not like with Syguc they are behind at least one generation. This is done by Navi extras if I. am. right. So. just provide great stable android version (international version). At the moment igo world or any other version I found on Google play is poorly accepted by users. At this moment one cannot buy good igo. We resort to our own hybrid versions by combing bits and bits from many versions. You did the hard part NNG but failed to deliver what you produced. Hope you will realize this mistake soon... times are changing. Think not only about today but about tomorrow too.