Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

help No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510

Hi there,

I recently purchased a used VW Tiguan but it came without the SD card with the GPS software. I downloaded and installed iGo Primo 9.6.2.209584 that I found in this forum in the downloads post. Everything seems fine, maps and POIs are correct, but the voices don't seem to be working. I already tried modifying the sys file with some tips I found in the forum, but to no effect. I don;t know if there's something I can do, maybe you can help me solve this problem.

Some details:

- Device: RNS 510
    - Resolution: 800*480
    - WinCE
    - Version of the navigation software: iGo Primo 9.6.2.209584 running from SD Card
    - Maps version: HERE 2016.Q1
    - Stock skin

Thank you
    Last edited by rfstahl; 5th April 2017 at 09:23 PM.

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510
    No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510

RNS 510, there already was discussion about it.
    You tried with too old Primo. It is good, but don't have adequate support for your device.
    Use Primo 9.6.13.405512, so-called Honda Civic reborn, package for 800x480 res.

Thank you for your help. I installed the Primo 9.6.13.405512 version. It works great, even better than the previous one, but still no sound :/
    I also did a forum search for this specific problem and I couldn't find a solution, all RNS 510 posts are related to other problems.

It's starting to drive me crazy!!
    Last edited by rfstahl; 6th April 2017 at 09:52 PM.

No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510No sound iGO Primo on RNS 510

You should not have such problems. Maybe device is defective or have wrong setup.
    Btw, RNS 510 original or clone?

I'm pretty sure it's original, the commands on the steering wheel work and I got the original manual. Everything else in the device works perfect. I don't want to pay a technician yet, there must be something I'm missing.

It is very posbile that it need coding for GPS part, but I don't know where to find it.... The Navigation module may not be ticked in the CANBUS Module, or similar...
    This is example of it:
    Spoiler: address
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

First search for help at a specialized forum (VW)
    You may still need to contact expert with diagnostics device.
    Last edited by Boki; 7th April 2017 at 10:32 AM. Reason: typo