Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

help Becker Ready 50 - Need Help

Hello there

I need help for my friend's navigation Becker Ready 50
    He asked me can I update his maps on navigation (they was from 2012), so I take it to try.

First mistake, I forgot to backup old maps, but I backup original software.
    Second, tried to copy new map files and I'm getting error message, after popup another window with message with license issue. I tied to add all licenses available here, and this message still remains.

Tried to import all available software refereed to Becker, but most of links are dead, so no success.
    Can you help me to add new maps on original software? I would like to add latest Europe TomTom maps

Here are some uploads attached

Spoiler: screen1
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Spoiler: screen2

Thank you!
    Last edited by Boki; 14th March 2016 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spoliers, spoilers...

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast Becker Ready 50 - Need Help
    Becker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need Help

Welcome to forum.
    If you want to add new maps, you must change software. You cannot use original software with "new" maps or vice versa.
    Good news is that you can use any version of Primo (2.0, 2.4) on that device. Or, if you insist, some Becker version.
    Check this threads:
    Last edited by Boki; 14th March 2016 at 09:15 AM.

Thank you for this explanation. No problem for me, I will add another software.
    And I just found working link here, so I will try it today and share experience here.

Thank you!
    Last edited by edism; 14th March 2016 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Link found

Added, and here is the situation.

Application shows "Out of memory" error if I add TomTom Europe pack. With sys.txt manipulation, changing data in [debug] problem still exists... Sys.txt is original, from pack
    Application works perfectly with HERE maps... There was a problem with GPS, but with PNA fix - problem solved.

What can cause this problem? Is there any chance to work with TomTom maps (because I have better experience with this maps in Serbia)?

iGO Enthusiast Becker Ready 50 - Need Help
    Becker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need HelpBecker Ready 50 - Need Help

This is the first time I hear that just change to another provider maps provoke something like that. There are several solutions.
    Did you try with larger mem values, for example:
    [debug]
    cache=524288
    max_memory=480000000
    reserve_memory=4194304

Also, large speedcams database sometimes causes this situation.
    Anyway, do you need all the maps at once? Whole Europe pack? Travel to a Britain, then in Russia, then to Norway at same trip?
    You understand the point.
    Maybe is not the fault to the maps. Perhaps something from the accompanying files. Some POI, hnr, or similar... maybe some file is damaged.
    Start with few maps and pois, nothing else. Then add one by one.
    Then, what version you tried? If you put Primo 2.4, try with 2.0.
    Etc...
    Last edited by Boki; 14th March 2016 at 07:10 PM.

Believe me, this is second time that have problem with providers. First time for may college (Municipal driver), so he was in Polland, Germany, Spain and Italy in two weeks, and he asked me to update maps on Binatone GPS. Same problem again for another friend, which is truck driver. I'm thinking now, maybe some of files for countries added that time is bad...

I'm using Balkan countries on my Android phone, and adding another countries if I need, and no problem till now.

Maybe some file is damaged, but don't know which, and doesn't matters.

In this case, I tried with bigger mem values, but still have problem with too long opening and Out of memory message. Speedcam files deleted first
    I added "Becker 9.6.8.286435 - Ready, 6 Mar 2013" on this PNA... have no idea which iGO Primo is it

Maybe I will take map by map to check where is the problem.

Thank you for help and given solutions
    Last edited by edism; 14th March 2016 at 07:33 PM. Reason: more info added