Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Member + Speedcams for Honda Connect?

I will be going to France next week will have the opportunity to test .

2.    Advertissements

Good evening,

I'm just back from France where I could test the gps on the highway linking Belgium to Dunkirk.
    This one has mentioned no alerts when several cameras are installed.

I have no problem in Belgium or the Netherlands

Important User Speedcams for Honda Connect?
    Speedcams for Honda Connect?Speedcams for Honda Connect?Speedcams for Honda Connect?Speedcams for Honda Connect?

Interesting, the data are extracted from Cyclop and giving that they will obey French law, I don't think the alert will be exactly where camera is at. I think that the 1,2,3 Cyclops data points per alert mean starting and ending "zone" but I might be wrong. If you get a chance to go to France again, please collect GPS coords of as many camera as you can. I will tried to correlate with Cyclop data and see what is wrong.

not any time soon but I will take the coordinate max

Thank you

I'm not quite clear if sound alerts have been acheived with the Honda Connect Garmin Sat Nav. I have got a speedcam database in .csv format with linked .BMP and .wav and same again with .mp3 linked into separate .gpi files (used in two separate experiments), and whilst the icons show up fine, I cannot get sound alerts. The icons show on the map in the correct position at all times, however if I press the "button" on the top left of the screen to get repeat sat nav voice instruction, the map goes from 3D to single dimension, and the speedcam icons are not on that one. I have also managed to add custom vehicles and custom voices to the system via the USB update process. I believe the only way to add custom files is by going through the complete USB update process or is it possible to access the system directly on the car?

Speedcams for Honda Connect?Speedcams for Honda Connect?Speedcams for Honda Connect?Speedcams for Honda Connect?

Interesting, if you got alerts working on Honda Connect via basic Garmin poi, then it's good. bernardbru could not get it working. If possible please post a video of it. Also post the .gpi file. For audio, other system like StreetPilot on android will not able to handle .wav or .mp3 (it must be using built-in tone); so maybe Honda Connect has same problem.
    Don't know answer to your last question because I do not have Honda Connect; you probably need to ask a Honda dealership for that.

I attach the .gpi file I have used for experimenting. It only has 5 local camera positions all in the UK, so won't be any good for general use. The video is a little more tricky to produce, as, although I can put the sat nav into simulation mode, I can't select a start point on the map and always have to go from my last stopped position, and can't seem to get the vehicle speed to increase. If you wish to test the .gpi the first camera is at 52.86447 -3.04679 and the final at 52.799191 -2.9517201 with the other 3 mobiles on the main road in between. I will try and video it when I travel that way next.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Your alerts look like normal Garmin alert, which is what I created for bernardbru but it didn't work on his Honda Connect. I wonder if Honda in France disable the alerts capability. Be careful when doing the video, I wouldn't want you to get into accident or anything. I wonder if bernardbru can use your .gpi and simulate to see if he gets any alert. I'll build you one with built-in tone to see if you can get sound for your alerts.

Update: Attached is a built of your 5 alerts using built-in tone. Please see if alert generate sound on your Honda Connect.
    Spoiler: .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 12th February 2016 at 01:29 PM.

Good evening,

very interesting as new , because at my alerts work very well in Belgium and the Netherlands but without sound
    thank you again to osiris4isis

and if now the opportunity to have an audible alert if there would be great

Are you saying that alerts work when driving? Because video you made didn't show it working when simulating.