Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

It is even called "Decent Skin xxxxx" in the internals. So that's probably what he used for a starting point. It has a really great waypoint feature that is very useful if you miss a waypoint and don't want to go back. I keep hoping they will update it to 800X480 - it is the best I've seen!

2.    Advertissements

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Phil View Post
    That was what I was looking for. It seems to be pretty close to what I wanted. I wish there was an 'instruction book' for building skins. I'm a business software developer and would love to be able to customize one to exactly what I want. I've prowled around looking at the files, but don't quite understand the command structure and which file controls what options.
    If your interested in creating your own skin perhaps this will help get you started

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (primo 2.4 wince 800-480)

Its a very simple skin that has only one function, to create a night filter with brightness control ( control can be found in settings)

It uses some original files from the data.zip, custom entries have been added to them and are marked

navigatemap.ui - at top of file
    persistents.lua - 2 at top of file
    smart_detour.ui - the name is misleading this file is empty by default but is imported by primo. all entries here
    are new.
    templates.lua - "ui_morco_nightfilter" added in file
    variable_def.ui - 3rd of the way down, entry marked

customized.lua - is a newly created file, all entries her are new and are imported by primo

also there is one image file.

Im in no way an expert, but thought this might help
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by morco; 4th February 2016 at 07:47 PM.

Morco - Where are you located in the UK? Been over there many times to ride. I made a little run in September of last year up and over HardKnott and Wrynose Passes.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Master

The lake district is a great place , I have just had a quick look at your links, over the next day or two i will have a good read of your adventures

I'm down in the south west of England .

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Phil View Post
    It is even called "Decent Skin xxxxx" in the internals. So that's probably what he used for a starting point. It has a really great waypoint feature that is very useful if you miss a waypoint and don't want to go back. I keep hoping they will update it to 800X480 - it is the best I've seen!
    Had a look at your motorcycle skin, I agree its a Decent Skin with bits added and taken away ( not that I'm particularly familiar with either).

Anyhoo, have done a quick job on it so it will run on 800_480 , have only done a quick test, still needs a bit of tweeking here and there but seems pretty good.

If you or anyone else would like to try

the original download comes with some ux files , if you wish to use them you will need to find iqs.zip and route planning method.zip that are compatible with 800-480.

as you probably already know you need to copy all the files in to their correct places ,and add your own language, voice and map files.

don't forget to copy over the save folder , for some reason they put a lot of settings here and removed the control of them from the settings menu, too time consuming to change this.

It starts up in Dutch, change the language and voice etc. in settings

Job done
    Last edited by morco; 17th January 2016 at 02:29 PM.

Master

Wow - awesome! Thank you very much. While I'm not the one that was originally interested in this skin, I'm definitely going to check it out since it seemed to add some nice features to the original Decent skin.

Will definitely report my findings after testing it.

Thanks again!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

Master

jtrosky,

I look forward to hearing how you find it.

A few changes you can make if you like

change these lines in the templates.css , the one that is in the ui folder found in side of the 800_480 folder of the skin

makes the fonts bigger , particularly noticeable on the info bar

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Increases size of info bar

Code:
    Also you could add this to the 800_480 folder in the skin

A bigger, better linear compass for the info bar. (shows when no route is planned)

I hope you have discovered that the info bar is only visible when there is a gps fix unless using in simulation. Why they did it like this i have no idea.

Also to align the start up progress bar , change to this in the brandcfg.ini in branding.zip

Code:
    could really do with some proper resizing to get it exact.

regards

morco
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by morco; 4th February 2016 at 07:47 PM.

Master

I did test it and it definitely works. There were a few small glitches (map preview in main menu isn't lined up perfectly in the box, a few scrolling arrows were messed up, etc), but in general, it seems to work fine.

That being said, I actually prefer the original Decent skin, so I'm not actually using the skin. I may "steal" a few features from it eventually (larger quick menu mainly), but otherwise, I miss some fo the features that were removed from the original Decent skin).

I'm sure that the person that was looking for this will be very happy and very appreciative though! He uses it on a motorcycle and it apparently fits his needs better than the original Decent skin (I use the Decent skin in a car 2DIN).

But again, thank you very much for your work - that was really cool of you!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    thank you very much for your work - that was really cool of you!
    No problem, it was fun to have a bit of a play with skins again. Glad it worked on the whole bar the odd glitch

Thanks for your efforts. I'll give it a shot on my units as soon as I can. Work has gotten in the way as it often does! ;-)

Southwest England? Near Swansea or more near Devon?
    Last edited by Uncle Phil; 21st January 2016 at 07:43 PM.