Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Garmin nüvi 2597LMT wont accept unlocked maps

Hi,

I have bought several nuvi devices before and they all can run the unlocked map. However, this model 2597LMT isn't accepting the map and gives me an error everytime.

Please help. Is there anything I'm missing with the unlocked map

Thanks in advance :)

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

It won't be able to use unlocked maps if it has [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. To check HWID, press and hold battery symbol for ~6 sec to see a hidden menu and press 'next' until you see the 'Version Information' page > Start Test > More. In the second field of the top 3 entries you'll see Bxxxx-00. xxxx is your unit's HWID. Or look in the unit's Garmin folder at GarminDevice.xml for a similar entry near the start.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

ohlwfjuy, read carefully [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    If HWID=1582 downgrade ( or upgrade ) f.w. to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thank you both but how do I downgrade to version 460? Right now it's running 770 and I followed [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] but failed:

I dragged nuvi2xx7and2xx8_GCDFile__460.gcd into WebUpdater and it ran but when I restarted the garmin I didn't see firmware upgrade progress and the GarminDevice showed 770 still.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod.

Only do this if you have verified that your unit is HWID 1582: Remove gupdate.gcd from .System folder if existing. Extract this file somewhere convenient, Desktop will do: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Open Updater folder then drag 158201000460.rgn onto Updater.exe. Connect your unit in preboot, when its details appear in window adjacent to 'USB Device' press 'OK' immediately. If you're right about V7.70 it's probably HWID 2077 [C4] so there's not a solution at present!
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Alright thank you. I have HWID 2077 running. Feels bad.
    “Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
    'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.”

George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

There is now a solution to reflash the 2597's firmware to accept unlocked maps in the sticky post "Universal Firmware Patcher for Protected Garmin Devices" under the Garmin Firmware section. Thanks to the guidance of the bros in this forum.

Any way to physically indentify the 1582 vs the 2077? I have a couple of hard bricked ones and trying to figure which boot.bin to re-flash...
    Thanks

Important User

Provided you can get into preboot mode you can use G7ToWin to see the HWID. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]