Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nanocosm View Post
    Thanks for explanation.

I already hand-translated your Voice_TTS-nua-German-Yannick "dictionary.voice".
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Would be nice if you could add DA and Speedcam to this TTS.
    Btw: Seems that it is an rather old tts-voice. On Primo it worked perfectly when I took the iOS-Primo tts voices, originally provided by NNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
    I guess I am not fully understanding.

General notes:
    Copy and paste the above into a plain text editor such as notepad, notepad+, etc. Do not use any type of word processor (wordpad, word, etc).
    Translate everything to the right of the "=" to say whatever you want in any language. Do not change anything to the left of the "=".
    In addition, do not change anything that looks like this: %s--leave that exactly in the place that it is. And leave the quote marks in place on the right side.
    For example:
    Arrival to destination at %s.="Arrival to destination at %s."

DO NOT CHANGE AT ALL.

Translate to your language.

Then post or attach your result as a plain text file..please use spoilers as above. Also attach a known working voice*.zip file and I will add to it. If you already know how to successfully** edit the dictionary.voice file within the *voice.zip file, you can just do it yourself, then use the following file in your UX folder:

(this is a newer version of speedcam file that will match and work with the dictionary.voice file above)

** If you have never successfully edited a TTS*voice*.zip file and are trying it for the first time, make a backup of the original first. If you do it incorrectly, iGo/Primo/Nextgen will consider the zip file "corrupt", ignore it, and there possibly is no recovery from this on that particular voice file.

Sorry about all the confusion. Just went home with some good news.

TTS works fine here on my Car HeadUnit. No problems at all.

I tested NextGen on my tablet. For some unknown reasons tts in NextGen does not work on my tablet.
    However after all I installed NextGen with my translated tts voicefile from above on my car headunit and all works fine. Don't know why it doesn't worked on the tablet - I'll will investigate tomorrow on that.

In fact I know how to mod and translate iGo (from version 2006 running on WindowsCE up
    to recent versions running on Android) Using, modding and loving it for nine years now and working as a IT professional for more than 20 years ;-)

I just never tried NextGen before.

I will post the your newer dictionary.voice file right after translation. Give me at least one hour please
    --

Active GPS User since 2007, iGO 2006 @WinCE & Android, TomTom Android, Sygic Android and CoPilot on every recent Nexus device

2.    Advertissements

Member + TTS Nextgen discussion

TTS pro UX addon doesn't work for you? My online services don't ... weather, online fuel, traffic are not available and I'm missing fuel.zip (anyone have it) for some local fuel... just have fuel_consumption.zip
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tested NextGen on my tablet. For some unknown reasons tts in NextGen does not work on my tablet.
    However after all I installed NextGen with my translated tts voicefile from above on my car headunit and all works fine. Don't know why it doesn't worked on the tablet - I'll will investigate tomorrow on that.

In fact I know how to mod and translate iGo (from version 2006 running on WindowsCE up
    to recent versions running on Android) Using, modding and loving it for nine years now and working as a IT professional for more than 20 years ;-)

I just never tried NextGen before.

I will post the your newer dictionary.voice file right after translation. Give me at least one hour please
    In addition to the ttspro.zip suggestion, check your installed Android system TTS engine..perhaps it is not compatible. I have found good old free Google TTS to be trouble free.

Certainly did not mean to imply that you did not know what you were doing (and glad that you do), I just can never guess what knowledge or skills someone has and always err on the side of caution.

Great. Please do (especially with it proven working). In fact, the whole voice file would be good to benefit others who may be looking for one.

GPSPower Helper TTS Nextgen discussion
    TTS Nextgen discussion

@ Mike Hunt
    A great help and work from you and others. Now I request the opening of the special theme for the NextGen and TTS. It will be accessible to everyone and cleaner threads.

In addition to the ttspro.zip suggestion, check your installed Android system TTS engine..perhaps it is not compatible. I have found good old free Google TTS to be trouble free.

Certainly did not mean to imply that you did not know what you were doing (and glad that you do), I just can never guess what knowledge or skills someone has and always err on the side of caution.

Great. Please do (especially with it proven working). In fact, the whole voice file would be good to benefit others who may be looking for one.
    Ok, translation done.

Below is the whole translated "dictionary.voice" in to German (GER)

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    The file below is the German (GER) TTS Voicefile to be placed into "./content/voice/" folder. It includes the "dictionary.voice" from above.
    Temporary removed due to a bug

Place the current version of the file "tts-speedcam-eng.zip" into iGONext "ux" folder.
    Note to all users even thinking about it: The "-eng-" in the filename is ok.
    It's a translation-table from "eng" to every TTS file and should therefore NOT be translated itself or even renamed. Just place it in the "ux" folder.

By the way, I totally agree with BrownDog. All this TTS Stuff should be placed into a separate thread very soon!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by nanocosm; 24th September 2015 at 01:56 PM.
    --

Active GPS User since 2007, iGO 2006 @WinCE & Android, TomTom Android, Sygic Android and CoPilot on every recent Nexus device

Ok, translation done.
    Excellent work. Thank you.
    The only 'mistake' I could find was a line in dictionary.voice (noticed while copy/pasting) that should be:
    Limit% s="Limit% s"
    My mistake for not making it clear that any word attached to a "%", regardless of it's position, should be left alone.
    Not sure of the impact this may have...if any. That line could be leftover from an old WinCE installation and not affect NextGen at all.

And PS...I also agree with BD. It seems that people have more questions about TTS than almost any other single thing. If every TTS post in this thread could be plucked out and dumped into a new dedicated thread it would accomplish two things:
    1) Clean up this thread and return it to a more general NextGen topic
    2) Make it easier for people seeking TTS answers by not having to slog through 400 posts to try to find a TTS post (and maybe prevent having to ask something that has already been answered if they don't read them all).
    Last edited by Mike Hunt; 24th September 2015 at 11:00 AM.

Warning Method="Warning Method"
    Preliminary="Preliminary"
    Only for active signs="Only for active signs"
    You can increase speed.="You can go faster now. Up to,"
    Limit% s="% s"
    After %s = "After %s"
    Possible alternative route = "possible alternative route"
    more shortly on %s = "shorter on %s"
    more long on %s = "longer on %s"
    Tunnel length %s = "The length of the tunnel is %s"
    After %s = "After %s"
    Environmental Zone = "Eco-Zone"
    Remaining %s = "left %s"
    Remaining more than %s = "left more than %s"
    ;;------------------- Speedcams IGO_NextGen --------------
    Warning! Speedcam.="Warning! Speed camera ahead."
    Warning! Possible mobile speed camera.="Warning! Possible mobile speed camera ahead."
    Excellent work. Thank you.
    The only 'mistake' I could find was a line in dictionary.voice (noticed while copy/pasting) that should be:
    Limit% s="Limit% s"
    My mistake for not making it clear that any word attached to a "%", regardless of it's position, should be left alone.
    Not sure of the impact this may have...if any. That line could be leftover from an old WinCE installation and not affect NextGen at all.

Yes, I also noticed that "wired" line.
    Code:
    It's from your post above.
    The question is: Which is the right one? Both are included.

Code:
    I'd say
    Code:
    makes more sense at all. The other one is probably a left over copy'n' past typo.
    --

I'd say
    Code:
    makes more sense at all. The other one is probably a left over copy'n' past typo.
    I think you are absolutely correct. I believe it's left over from an edit with a diMka skin for WinCE and possibly duplicated incorrectly.
    I think originally it was two lines:

You can increase speed.="You can go faster now. Up to,"
    Limit %s="Limit %s"

One triggered the other within the skin modifications. Somehow this combination also made the cut into an apparently common UX file because it still works.
    But much of the diMka add-on settings were translated (badly?) by somebody into English and posted on various sites, so a bad spacing would not be impossible, and I have been copying/pasting ever since. I checked my own personal voice file (which is slightly different based on what I want vocalized which may not be family friendly), sorted it alphabetically and both were there. I removed the bad spacing one and left Limit %s="Limit %s" and everything still works as expected.

Ok, translation done.

Below is the whole translated "dictionary.voice" in to German (GER)

Code:

Sh***! Seems that there is a type, forgotten double-quote, special char ect in my dictionary.voice. NextrGen crashes right after the spinner...

Could not find the typo right now.

Any idea how to find the typo? Logcat does not help here.
    Logcat only shows one relevant line:
    Code:
    Ironically it even crashed pass a completely empty dictionary.voice
    So it seems that there is something important missing.

Well I will re-check it line by line but will take some time...
    Last edited by nanocosm; 24th September 2015 at 01:47 PM.
    --

Sh***! Seems that there is a type,
    It's not your syntax...your zip compression apparently got corrupted as far as iGo was concerned (wrong version of WinRar?)
    I fixed it using your translations into another original copy of the voice file (yours is not recoverable..might as well delete it), so this combination works for me on Android 4.44 with Google TTS.