Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions. I have been away for a few days but have been able to try some things and can answer some of your questions

Quote Originally Posted by Boki_Srb View Post
    There are two possible problems in that case:
    - bad map (not precisely done)
    Maps are ok, I copied them onto another older phone and there Primo works fine

- bad GPS receiver
    Just to be sure, try it with another program to navigate(Sygic, Navigon, Here...), with a map of your country only, to see how it will behave.
    I downloaded the HERE app to try, it is also slow to calculate speeed so maybe a bad GPS receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by wojpen View Post
    k1w1 - download it from this post- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Before you start installations read exactly what and how, but besides very carefully, clear the phone - how? it is written,tu:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Check to make sure you do not have an extra folder somewhere igo? if so, delete, or rename.
    Delete in phone all old's files and folders igo/old instalations files and folders/!!!
    I have now tried 483387, 468978, 431282, 331894 and 281004. Every time I cleaned the phone accordimg to Brown Dog's instructions. Also looked for and deleted any old extra files and folders every time.

install at the beginning of internal memory. phone.
    it will be OK.
    I have tried on internal memory and external SDcard always with the same result.

what's your android?
    Telephone root or no?
    Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, not rooted

Mr k1w1_123, do you only have problems with voice guidance or there are discrepancies and the display position?
    The display position can be 200 0r 300 metres behind at 100 km/hr but is OK at slow speed in towns and villages

What Android do you have
    Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, not rooted

what is the condition of the system on the phone?
    Phone was factory reset 2 or 3 weeks ago before first installing Primo

If it is not an electronic problem (easy to check with other software)
    Do you know of a software I could use to check for electronic problems?

And put a fresh installation with the most basic necessary files.
    when I test different Primo versions I use only the map for my country

Mr Boki_Srb, I think your idea to try a different programme was a good one; Trying the HERE app has shown me the problem is with my phone and not with Primo. If you know of a program I can use to check the phone for problems please let me know.

Thank-you again to all who have contributed to this thread.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3
    Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3

Boki_Srb - respect for You
    regards wojpen

Global Moderator Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi k1w1_123,

At first I was pretty sure it is not problem with iGO.
    iGO is much better then many other navigation software while it is predicting your real position based on last measured position and speed.
    So when moving You can see dot where it got last info and your vehicle moving ahead, with another words - simulating real position, and is quite good in that even when GPS signal is lost (tunnels).

I have friend pretty good in phone electronics, and what a bad luck, he had same problem like You with his phone.
    After some experiments and searching www, he found that GPS antenna in his phone is bad, not broken but bad construction.
    Hi tried many modification with small improvements, but it was never good as it should be.

If there is problem with GPS module or with antenna (and probably is), I'm afraid there in not much You can do.
    Take it to nearest repair center to see if they could help.

Good luck.
    NO THANKS POSTS ALLOWED, NO LIKES NEEDED, ALL MIRRORS APPRECIATED
    MB Moon night sky
    Please read: >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<, >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]< and >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<
    Password for all my uploads (if needed): gpspower.net

Master

I think my problem is solved!

After everybody's help narrowing my problems down to the phone and not the software, I looked on some Android forums and found these ideas to speed up Android, particularly for the S3

1) Boot to recovery mode and clear the cache
    2) Go to settings-> developer options-> turn off window, transition and animator scale

After making these changes Primo is working much better. Speed calculation is faster and more accurate, and the map display position is good up to 100 km/hr

Thanks again to everybody who contributed to this solution

iGO Enthusiast Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3
    Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3

It is latest official rom on it? The fastest is, btw, 4.1.2. Try also, under animation scale, set it to 0.5x. Sometimes helps.
    Anyway, very strange behavior for such a good phone and an official firmware. I would recommend full wipe and reset, of course, if that's not a problem, and if you saved all the necessary data from phone. And as final solution, reflash rom.
    Yet, before any drastic methods, , first try experimenting with values for animation scale. If you are satisfied with the current situation, then do not touch anything.
    Last edited by Boki; 13th August 2015 at 06:45 PM.

IGO Primo IGO Display Problem on Galaxy S3

Hello, I have a problem with iGo, while using navigation or just looking at map in 3D mode it doesnt display streets properly, I mark it only happens in 3D mode. It only display a half of the screen with all streets on the map (You can see it on a screenshots a white streets). Maybe somebody know a issue and can help me solve this problem. Thanks you and waiting for help.
    Here are photos:
    Spoiler: IMG:
    uc?export=view&id=0B4VLETKb0r3TX3VhajZ5VE9jNkU
    uc?export=view&id=0B4VLETKb0r3TcHk3b2R6aF9ETkE

Ok Thanks. Program version is iGO_9.6.29.483387 from wojpen (this nammed Happy Valentine's Day Navigators!), skin dimka from pack its 1.3.3 version. Could it be a sys.txt formula problem ?
    Last edited by Palzer; 14th August 2015 at 03:06 PM.

Global Moderator Problems with Samsung Galaxy S3

@Palzer
    If You would provide more info like program version, skin, and if it was posted in thread I just moved this posts to (which was BTW at the top), there would better chance that someone could help.
    NO THANKS POSTS ALLOWED, NO LIKES NEEDED, ALL MIRRORS APPRECIATED
    MB Moon night sky
    Please read: >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<, >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]< and >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<
    Password for all my uploads (if needed): gpspower.net

Problem solved. The solution was to add new data.zip.