Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G2 vision

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. G2 vision
    G2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 vision

It should work. Just make sure you move those other files off the card first as Caty said earlier [keep a backup though]. Fined up nicely in Brisvegas, guess it's ok down the Goldie too so you might get the tinny wet tomorrow if you get the plotter cranked up ok.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

2.    Advertissements

Yeh it wasn't too bad a day went for a little spin as the boat hasn't been wet in a while .can't wait to get the new gear in it looks impressive .
    so i am a bit lost here .what files do i need on the card ? I will add the .img to the gmapsupp do I need the others I'm guessing i need the .unl one too .

SD:\Garmin\gmapsupp.img is all you need. Don't need anything else on the card because the .img file is unlocked. If you get an on-screen error message when you start up, note it down in full and post it here. Let's know how it goes even if it works ok.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Brilliant will do

Important User G2 vision
    G2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 vision

GarminDevice xml doc 2kb --> remove
    gmapsupp ---> rename, it lacks of the needed extension .img
    gmapsupp.unl ---> remove
    GPDATE.GCD : badly renamed this too, this is the firmware update file for the original plotter---remove it
    Could it be the plotter ?
    NO, absolutely.
    Map now is unlocked correctly and has FID 3250 as I guessed earlier, your sd, like it is, cant work in any plotter released or with a firmware updated after 2011.
    But you must remove useless files and, most of all, the gmapsupp.unl file, because the map is unlocked and it makes your map not working as Neil repeated you above.
    I'll move this thread to the correct section.

PS: Hint:don't buy maps from eBay sellers. Waste of money
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Rodger that .OK this is what i did removed all other data and placed in plotter .It said manage card so i make it save data to card still no map.
    I then went back to comp realizing file wasn't in garmin folder but the card now has one made up by plotter .I flick .img file into folder and bingo card fires up perfect .
    Cheers boys much appreciated.

Important User G2 vision
    G2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 visionG2 vision

You are welcome, when you need a chart come here
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Quote Originally Posted by gregdonohue View Post
    Cheers boys much appreciated.
    Girl and boy thanks. Caty isn't short for 'Catulino' ya know .... then again, i've never seen her. Bit of a noob aren't you mate? Don't worry, we all were once, i still am a little. Glad you're sorted, happy and safe boating Greg.

Sorry

Just a quick one .I am selling my hummingbird plotter now and it has no navionics card in there can i get one from here or is that not possible ?
    Regards Greg