Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"

Hi all.
    Just in the last month I noticed that when I did LM updates on my GPS units the maps loaded to the PC appeared as Locked in Mapsource and Base Camp.

I had a few units to update for Australia/NZ, North America and Europe.

When I got to the end of doing them all, not only were the new maps locked, but every other maps, back to 2010, apart from World Map were
    also locked.

I went to MyGarmin to check on map status there, and I now have NO maps listed at all.

Have sent two messages to Garmin, both got acknowledged, no response from them at all apart from the initial auto-reply.

Being in Australia its almost impossible to ring Garmin during their working hours, but I will try if no one here has any idea
    how or why this may have happened.

Anyone?

Thanks,
    Garry

2.    Advertissements

Important User All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"
    All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"

Can you try to redownload maps again? What have you used to update maps? If G.Express which version?
    Is garmindevice.xml in Garmin folder corrupt? Check if it contains map codes.
    If it's corrupted I guess Garmin support only may help you because it's MyGarmin page providing your codes and keeping your Lifetime status and it writes all in your device memory.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Hi Catymag,

I have had a look and there is no Garmindevice.xml file on my computer now. No idea how that has happened, but its obviously gone and by the sound of it is the likely cause of my issues.

Is it feasible that Garmin can provide me with a replacement file. There are a total of 7 GPS units involved and about 20 sets of maps, not that I need them all, just the latest versions, but
    for now I have very limited access except for basic maps.

Cheers,

Garry

ps version of GE is 4.0.20.0

Important User All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"
    All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"

Hi
    you must look for garmindevice.xml in your nuvis in Garmin folder,
    Garmin cant provide you with a replacement file.
    garmindevice.xml it's written/generated in nuvi by its NV RAM every time you restart nuvi.
    If NV is corrupt it cannot be generated or generated correctly.

Update Express to the newer version and try to update maps again and see what happens.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

GPSPower Helper All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"
    All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"

If the maps are unlocked on the unit you van use the unit to unlock the maps in basecamp.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein.

OK, thanks to both of you. It's a bit confusing for us technophobes when stuff like this goes wrong. Everything works on the devices, just in basecame and mapsource all my maps are suddenly locked, even new downloads done at the same time as updating the devices.

Anyway, today, I got a reply from Garmin US asking me to ring the local support in Australia, which I didn't know existed, and I will attempt to do that tomorrow and see how I go with that. Talking to someone local might be just what I need.

I will report back in the next couple of days as to how it goes.

Again, thank you for your help in here, much appreciated.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"

Actually Garmin AU is the exact reverse of Garmin UK where in UK they are great at phone support and suck badly at email support.

Best to email Garmin AU in my experience. They don't seem to thrive on phone support, however i believe it's a myth that they strangle a kitten every time the help-desk phone rings.
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Navigation software expert All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"
    All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"

When you type in %appdata%/garmin/Maps, are there gma or ucx files?
    You probably have to disable "Hide extensions of filetypes" to see what type of files I mean.
    I guess that these got corrupted or deleted

There is a similar question on a German forum (Naviboard):
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    After updating more then one map with GarminExpress all the maps were locked.
    GE put the unlockfiles (gma, unl) in the directory: C:\Users\Benutzer\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\ INetCache\Virtualized\C\Users\Benutzer\AppData\Roa ming\Garmin\Maps
    instead of C:\Users\Benutzer\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\Maps

Maybe it is also your solution.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. All PC maps suddenly locked, NO maps on MyGarmin "maps"

Will they EVER get GE right i wonder ......
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].