Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Navigation software Moderator kunix's Avatar

You've got an easy-to-understand message from catymag.
    Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    Cure is useful if pc doesn't recognize your device and it's made to format or to delete problematic files prevent Garmin to boot.
    And I told you this one more time
    Quote Originally Posted by kunix View Post
    mylona79
    So you can access your device in mass storage mode. This means that either GarminCure3 worked fine or you don't need it at all.
    And I didn't really ask you to use GarminCure3, i just helped you to flash GarminCure3-ed firmware over USB.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunix View Post
    Please use the following GCD file with GarminCure3 (if you ever need it): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    So, in conclusion, GarminCure3 was not required at all, and you've been told this several times.
    And nevertheless, you used it. I admit that without my modified GCD you wouldn't be able to flash GarminCure3-ed firmware. But you were the one who pushed the trigger, not me.

Now we have ORAK trying to help you with entering pre-boot mode and flashing the original firmware.
    And instead of following his very well explained advices you're doing some weird ****.

2.    Advertissements

Hello, great job, really !!! I found solution of pre-boot only on your forum,
    I have the same DNX9260BT, W02-5378-25.

one small question - I made backup before install of cure3 firmware, but as "copy of folders and files", not as image. should it be working ?
    Last edited by ulanov; 1st June 2015 at 09:51 PM.

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. kenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deleted
    kenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deleted

G'day ulanov, welcome to GPSPower.
    Quote Originally Posted by ulanov View Post
    .......... I made backup before install of cure3 firmware, but as "copy of folders and files", not as image. should it be working ?
    If you could make a backup of the internal files system then YOUR device didn't need a cure firmware because it could still be seen in MSM. So why flash Cure3?

Please explain EXACTLY what the problem is. We have experts posting in this thread presently, and there's not many ppl who understand the peculiarities of both the hardware and software of the Kenwood-Garmin marriage. However there's even fewer ppl in the world with psychic powers [Caty does go close though] .
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Kenwood Moderator kenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deleted ORAK's Avatar

Yes, of course, try and you'll see I'm right.
    By ORAK (ex baghdadvaio)

Garmin Nüvi 755LMT -->> Garmin Nüvi 3590LMT

thank you.

I bought used device on ebay with remark "map not work" - PC doesn't see Garmin folder, Navi screen is black.

I found one solution: to load cure3, then format recognised flash and load original firmaware in pre-boot again.
    ok, till p.3 everything was fine. and I hoped to switch device in per-boot with SRC + quieter + Reset or SRC mode + ATT + RESET
    but unsuccessfully
    Last edited by ulanov; 1st June 2015 at 09:52 PM.

Kenwood Moderator kenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deleted ORAK's Avatar

Rom Backup DNX9260BT and ASR

Quote Originally Posted by mylona79 View Post
    Orak will you send me the backup please ??
    Hello,
    Sorry but I could not upload complete with map
    everything is less map
    It is the lack of:
    - gmapprom.img
    - gmap3d.img
    Folder
    - JCV

All this can be download of section Garmin Maps, with your desired map of country.
    For Europe maps NT and
    JCV Lane Assist Full for 7X5
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I tested it and it works so.

- Backup DNX9260BT

Unrar in the GPS memory

X:\

Mylona79 Backup DNX9260BT® By ORAK.part1.rar
    Mylona79 Backup DNX9260BT® By ORAK.part2.rar

- ASR

x:\Garmin\ASR

ASR Backup DNX9260BT® By ORAK.part1.part1.rar
    ASR Backup DNX9260BT® By ORAK.part1.part2.rar
    ASR Backup DNX9260BT® By ORAK.part1.part3.rar
    ASR Backup DNX9260BT® By ORAK.part1.part4.rar

Here's the structure of original files and directories:
    DNX9260BT® By ORAK File List.Txt

Good luck.
    Last edited by ORAK; 31st May 2015 at 08:53 AM.
    By ORAK (ex baghdadvaio)

Garmin Nüvi 755LMT -->> Garmin Nüvi 3590LMT

Thanks very much i will try it in a few days and report my progress

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. kenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deleted
    kenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deletedkenwood dnx9260bt mass storage deleted

Had a little cleanup of the thread seeing everything's back on track. Nice work ORAK, exceptional 'above and beyond' response to a seemingly impossible problem. Your supercomputer namesake should be jealous.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by mylona79 View Post
    Thanks very much i will try it in a few days and report my progress
    be carefull with solder, contacts are very weak
    Last edited by ulanov; 30th May 2015 at 10:52 PM.

hello orak, exactly how do we enter preboot ?after resseting and whilst the kenwood is powered on then we connect those 2 wires? how will we understand thats the preboot on ?