Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default How to install custom maps in Garmin GPSmap 620 and 2010C

I have a custom map (actually 7 for the complete map) with waypoints which I want to install in my 620 and 2010. I can view and edit it in Mapsource and Homeport. I have transferred the.img file onto a microSD card but the 620 transfers the waypoints but says, map format not recognised. I have other Bluechart g2 vision .img on microSD which the 620 reads no problem. Where am I going wrong?
    Now to the 2010C, I have a data card programmer with spare cards but again I can only transfer the waypoints to the chartplotter.
    Any advise from you knowledgeable gurus would be very much appreciated

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert How to install custom maps in Garmin GPSmap 620 and 2010C
    How to install custom maps in Garmin GPSmap 620 and 2010CHow to install custom maps in Garmin GPSmap 620 and 2010CHow to install custom maps in Garmin GPSmap 620 and 2010C

gmaptool.exe - go to menu option - check for advanced and experimental options - go to menu write - check for TRE parameters and change (2)=4, (3)=23

This way could to give you possibility to view your map in marine mode or on 2010C. For automobile mode in 620 you must see your map unchanged in any case - if no so you have bad map
    Garmin, how much is 30 pieces of silver for Judas today? Were they worthy for crucifix of GPSPower?

Quote Originally Posted by Giomen View Post
    gmaptool.exe - go to menu option - check for advanced and experimental options - go to menu write - check for TRE parameters and change (2)=4, (3)=23

This way could to give you possibility to view your map in marine mode or on 2010C. For automobile mode in 620 you must see your map unchanged in any case - if no so you have bad map
    Thank you Giomen for your expert advice. Map now loaded successfully into GPSmap 620 . I then transferred the waypoints with Homeport. In Homeport there is an option to display; Symbol, Symbol and Comment, Symbol and Name. In the 620 I only have the option to display; Symbol, Comment or Name. Is there a way to modified the 620 to display Symbol and Comment?
    Now to the 2010C chartplotter. I think I did not make my last post very clear. The 2010C does not read image files, only the older format Bluechart data card. I can transfer/merge the waypoints from a .gdb file using the Data Card Programmer but the map blue water colour does now show as it appears in Homeport/Mapsource. The shore outline would appear to be ok. Perhaps if this is still confusing, I could send the two different screen shots of the maps. Also, I would need to display Symbol and Comment similar to the 620. I'm sure you will succeed with this challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Snootyfox View Post
    Thank you Giomen for your expert advice. Map now loaded successfully into GPSmap 620 . I then transferred the waypoints with Homeport. In Homeport there is an option to display; Symbol, Symbol and Comment, Symbol and Name. In the 620 I only have the option to display; Symbol, Comment or Name. Is there a way to modified the 620 to display Symbol and Comment?
    Now to the 2010C chartplotter. I think I did not make my last post very clear. The 2010C does not read image files, only the older format Bluechart data card. I can transfer/merge the waypoints from a .gdb file using the Data Card Programmer but the map blue water colour does now show as it appears in Homeport/Mapsource. The shore outline would appear to be ok. Perhaps if this is still confusing, I could send the two different screen shots of the maps. Also, I would need to display Symbol and Comment similar to the 620. I'm sure you will succeed with this challenge.
    Goimen, I've added pictures to best describe what I'm saying with regards to the map display.
    I've shown how the same part of the map differers on the 2010C and Homeport. On the 2010C, 'The Moorings and Marine' are embedded in the custom map. In Homeport you can see my comments (notes) which show the waypoint names that I wish to display. Just for clarification, last picture shows the display options I refer to in Homeport.
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Snootyfox; 28th May 2015 at 12:05 PM.