Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Reverting GO920 back to the factory state

Hi all,
    May I ask for some advise about patching the GO920T device? Never tried that before, and certainly want to be prepared for any possible problems.

Started from this FAQ:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Sentence "you can't brick a TT" looks optimistic, but anyway: in case something will go wrong, is it possible to "undo" the changes done by FastActivate and restore "clean" state of device? Do I understand correctly, that previously saved content of TT internal memory should be just copied back for that purpose?

If it does matter, my current FW/SW versions are 9.510.1234792.1, OS 842337 (2039, 4-4-2013), GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5.120, map 'Europe' v920.5241.

Also, what about TT Home? Do I have to just reinstall it in order to continue using "restored" TT? Is there any possibility that my TT account will be "blacklisted" by TomTom if patched device will be somehow detected by TT Home?

If such newbie questions are already answered, I'll be grateful for the link(s).

Thanks!

2.    Advertissements

TomTom Expert Reverting GO920 back to the factory state
    Reverting GO920 back to the factory state

Just do a full Windows backup of your internal memory & save to your PC...simples! That way you can delete all/any changes you make & just copy back your backup.

Then you can play away. Your navcore (9.510) is the correct/current version which can run ANY map we have a meta for (apart from the Truck map)
    Please do not post "thanks" but use the "reputation" star(*) bottom/left or "like" bottom/left buttons
    S i m p l e s

PS If you find any dead links on MY posts please pm me & I'll try to fix/reload

Thanks biggerdave, sure I'll prepare full backup of my GO before patching.

So, TT Home won't require any special attention here?

Cheers,

TomTom Expert Reverting GO920 back to the factory state
    Reverting GO920 back to the factory state

Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post

So, TT Home won't require any special attention here?

Cheers,
    It will need patching if/as/when you want to use a non-standard navcore and "Operate my Go" in TTHome but otherwise; not a problem and that's harmless anyway
    Please do not post "thanks" but use the "reputation" star(*) bottom/left or "like" bottom/left buttons
    S i m p l e s

PS If you find any dead links on MY posts please pm me & I'll try to fix/reload

Thanks again! I'm not planning to change navcore: all that I actually need is, to update outdated map. TT Home is used mostly for QuickGPSfix data download.

Have a nice day!